Advertisement

Author Topic: Going to Waikiki Hawaii next month  (Read 662 times)

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
Going to Waikiki Hawaii next month
« on: February 20, 2020, 04:25:22 PM »
We dont know what to do.  We  booked everything  4months ago. 

A tourist who felt sick in Oahu but wasn’t diagnosed until he got back to Japan. 

https://www.eturbonews.com/542962/hawaii-tourism-coronavirus-arrived-in-waikiki/

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Waikiki Hawaii next month
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 04:38:55 PM »
Really up to you but if it was me, I wouldn't go instead try to postpone it or get a refund back.

We plan to go to Japan in a few months for the Olympics but we're probably not going anymore.

If you have to go, do your research fully and take precaution i.e., contact the health department there, etc.

And of course, take some photos to share so it can irritate those that lives in their mommy's basement even more... ;D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 06:42:14 PM »
I already cancelled my cancun trip this summer. 

Even if it is 100% safe to go cuz we are not heading in the wuhan direction, it is the thought of it that will slow us down.  If not that, other ignorant folks will see you as a wuhan suspect.  Is that even a vacation or a nightmare?

I'm doing local usa to play it safe this year. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 06:45:26 PM »
If we going without the kids im fine with it.  We bring 2 infants under 11month old, 3 toddlers, a teen n the rest are adults.   

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 06:58:11 PM »
If we going without the kids im fine with it.  We bring 2 infants under 11month old, 3 toddlers, a teen n the rest are adults.   

Protect the kids and leave them at home. 

This wuhan disease is tougher on younger children and older folks.  It is death that we are worrying about.  If you catch it and it doesn't kill you then you'll be fine somehow. 

No problem if you fly out.  It is flying back to sfo that matters cuz who knows if there will be an outbreak in hawaii. 

My boy went to vietnam the shanghai 1 night overlay route but he bought another ticket from vietnam to south korea and then home sfo.  He went before it becomes an epidemic.  He flew back when it was already here.  He is lucky to even be able to fly home cuz lots of flights out there are stop flying the wuhan route. 

You know where the fire is at.  You want to put your life into the fire zone, that is up to you. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements