Advertisement

Author Topic: Asian millionaire still can't get on the VIP list and he invested over $50 mil  (Read 528 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
..in rare cars already..Basic ally what Ferrari is saying is you may have deep pockets and can afford our cars but it doesn't mean we'll sell it to you..Kind of like one of the Bugatti rules that I've heard of (we only sell our cars to those that have already owned an upper tier exotic car).. ;D

David Lee is the owner of the watch company called Hing Wa Lee Jewelers, his investment empire. The millionaire businessman also has some of the rarest cars in the world with more than $50 million invested. Among his collection sits a host of Ferraris with some purchased from the factory new, but all the limited-edition cars were purchased elsewhere. A fan of the brand, Lee has tried hard to get on the VIP list to purchase limited-edition models with the Prancing Horse. To prove that he deserves to be on the list, he even entered into Ferrari driving school. At one point, he visited the Ferrari factory, and he has an outstanding relationship with a Ferrari dealership local to him. Lee says he won't quit proving himself as a solid choice for the VIP list.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 12:17:34 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Must be the wuhan factor

or

he's the poor in the rich man's world

Maybe he needs to add jay leno to his resume to get some networking going on. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
After further review, branding is important for such family.  They will do whatever it takes to not devalue the taste of their vehicles. 

You got the money, but if you have a lack luster profile like a habitual buyer who then sells it within a month or a few, I will not sell it to you.   Mayweather comes to mind.

You got the money, but you wrap colorful display with the paint job, I will not sell it to you.  Hot barbie color something paris hilton would do. 

I think the vip list requirements are not coming from the automaker himself.  He is in the business of selling their vehicles and being careful to which dealership he is selling it to.  It is the dealership that puts restrictions on who they want to sell it to.  I mean sure, you can buy a used one but for a 2021 model that no one sees, you can't be the first to buy it unless you have owned other models of our cars and uses the car to help beautify the branding otherwise, you are not getting one. 

Also, I think that if you don't drive it, I will not sell it to you.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
This says it all  ;D:

"The Strict Rules of Ferrari Ownership: You Don’t Choose, Ferrari Chooses You"

Advertisements