Advertisement

Author Topic: Hard work  (Read 4017 times)

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Hard work
« on: March 03, 2020, 09:13:38 PM »
No handouts. No complaints. Just simply hard work.

Respect and say thank you to the hard working generation and your elders who work hard and sacrificed everything to give you everything.

Thank you mom and dad.

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Hard work
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:48 PM »
Yep, when my mom divorced my dad back in 1980, us kids really had to pitch in and do our part to get through the tough time together but it was worth it at the end because it taught us a good life lesson.

Some examples of the things us kids do to help my mom: recycle, selling tennis and golf balls back to those players, selling mud bugs to Asian restaurants, working in the field 12 hours/day during the summer months because of no school, wash other people's cars, lawn maintenance for other people's yards, delivering news papers, etc.

It was a good life lesson because it really taught me the meaning of earning exactly what you work for because we didn't get pay hourly wage or salary...we get paid exactly for the work we do whether it's by the pound, the bucket, the row, the sack or the paper delivered...

Now, you have lazy leeching bastards that cry about working more than "20 hour/week"...That's less than 2 days of work in the field under the hot sun during those summer seasons..for me :idiot2:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 08:18:22 AM »
I appreciated all hard working people these days.  Do note that hard working is not the same as working hard. 

The job may be hard but you only working a few hours vs.  A person working lighter work but busting 2.5 jobs and sleeping barely 4 hours a night. 

wanna hear mine when I was at my best? 

2 full time working back to back with driving distance between the two so that is like 19hours straight.  Time to forage for food takes some time.  4 hours sleep.  Do this 5 straight days and know what I do on the weekend?  Working on my side projects.  No time to date.  Forget about sex cuz I fall asleep faster than she can takes off my pants.   :2funny:

You gotta do it so when you become a grandpa, you can tell your grandkids about the good old days.  They probably don't even believe you when you say you are older than google   :2funny:

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:21:59 AM by DuMa »

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 08:45:37 AM »
i've been slacking off
last night, i went to the bathroom for 20 minutes
i was sitting on the toilet, playing on my phone

didn't get alot of work done at all

sometimes i just fool around at work
just talking and asking people how their day was

maybe work a little bit
but make sure not to overwork

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 08:58:14 AM »
I'm not done.  I may want to go back and do 3 jobs to break my own record.  8 hours per job, 24 hours non stop, no sleep so 24x24x24x24x24 = big pay check

then quit and retire after my first week.  Get a heart attack and die  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 08:59:41 AM »
I don't think that I'm a hard worker but my co-workers told me numerous times that they wish I can be clone.....5-7 of me.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 09:11:07 AM »
Yep, when my mom divorced my dad back in 1980, us kids really had to pitch in and do our part to get through the tough time together but it was worth it at the end because it taught us a good life lesson.

Some examples of the things us kids do to help my mom: recycle, selling tennis and golf balls back to those players, selling mud bugs to Asian restaurants, working in the field 12 hours/day during the summer months because of no school, wash other people's cars, lawn maintenance for other people's yards, delivering news papers, etc.

It was a good life lesson because it really taught me the meaning of earning exactly what you work for because we didn't get pay hourly wage or salary...we get paid exactly for the work we do whether it's by the pound, the bucket, the row, the sack or the paper delivered...

Now, you have lazy leeching bastards that cry about working more than "20 hour/week"...That's less than 2 days of work in the field under the hot sun during those summer seasons..for me :idiot2:

We are on the same boat. Growing up with five siblings with only our mom. We all had to pitch in on everything. We mature very quickly. Life was tough but as a family we stuck together and pull through. Our bindings became strong and we are very close till this very day.

I’ve witnessed so many parents, grandparents, and all the elders worked hard so they can provide to their families. Till there day that hard work mentality is still clicking within me. I taught that to my princess and hopefully she will pass that on to my grandkids.

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »
I appreciated all hard working people these days.  Do note that hard working is not the same as working hard. 

The job may be hard but you only working a few hours vs.  A person working lighter work but busting 2.5 jobs and sleeping barely 4 hours a night. 

wanna hear mine when I was at my best? 

2 full time working back to back with driving distance between the two so that is like 19hours straight.  Time to forage for food takes some time.  4 hours sleep.  Do this 5 straight days and know what I do on the weekend?  Working on my side projects.  No time to date.  Forget about sex cuz I fall asleep faster than she can takes off my pants.   :2funny:

You gotta do it so when you become a grandpa, you can tell your grandkids about the good old days.  They probably don't even believe you when you say you are older than google   :2funny:

Just by observing your posts I have no doubt that you are a hard worker. You’re very competitive as well.

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 09:14:15 AM »
I don't think that I'm a hard worker but my co-workers told me numerous times that they wish I can be clone.....5-7 of me.

Too modest bro but I know that you are.

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 09:15:05 AM »
i've been slacking off
last night, i went to the bathroom for 20 minutes
i was sitting on the toilet, playing on my phone

didn't get alot of work done at all

sometimes i just fool around at work
just talking and asking people how their day was

maybe work a little bit
but make sure not to overwork

I’m sure some people takes longer in the toilet lol

Like this post: +1

Theravada

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »
I give my 100% while at work, but try not to take it home with me. Burn out is real.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 11:36:52 AM »
I work hard in most things and it can pay off.  I admit that I do have my work e-mail connected on my phone....just in case I may be needed or questions need to be answered.  ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2020, 12:02:23 PM »
Im lazy
I hate working
Can’t wait go fishing this spring
Snow need to melt fast already

God did not created man...man created god

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2020, 12:29:30 PM »
I work hard in most things and it can pay off.  I admit that I do have my work e-mail connected on my phone....just in case I may be needed or questions need to be answered.  ;D

Unless you're set up at home, I don't bother. In my industry I can wait for Monday 99% of the time. On the rare occasion I need to go in on the weekend, I have keys to the building.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2020, 12:45:02 PM »
I give my 100% while at work, but try not to take it home with me. Burn out is real.

Same here, I am passionate and dedicate when it comes to my job.

So true, burn out is no joke. Balance between work, home, and social life is key.

Theravada

Advertisements