Advertisement

Author Topic: Light of Faith  (Read 1200 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Light of Faith
« on: March 18, 2020, 04:33:04 PM »
My reflection for today.

During a crisis, the true inner reflection of you is expressed.  During a crisis, the best and worst of humanity emerges.  During a crisis, you come to value what you've lost.

Out of the crisis, be present, be still, and listen.  Out of the crisis, remember what you most missed and that is most valuable.  Out of the crisis, what did you learn?

All things shall pass like this crisis.  All things shall be renewed again.  That is the cyclical nature of creation.  What ought to remain constant is the light of your faith.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
Re: Light of Faith
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 11:54:51 PM »

Is that what Jesus would be saying or you just wrote out of your own mind?  ??? ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 03:10:31 PM »
Why are your thoughts always surrounding of Jesus?

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 05:16:11 PM »
Like I wrote above...they are a reflection of my thoughts based upon my human experience and knowledge.

If you like to know what Jesus said about being the light, the suggested reading is Matthew 5 and 6.  More specifically, Matthew 5:13-16, Salt and Light. 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5&version=NIV
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6&version=NIV

My point is similar to what Jesus said throughout Matthew 5 and 6.  The light in you, if it is darkness, will be expressed.  The expression is often restricted because of social and cultural norms, but when these norms are untethered due to crisis, that light which is darkness or light will be expressed as Jesus said.  That darkness emerges and you will see if you truly are a Christians or just adjusting to social norms.  Hence, we do not know who we are (our nature) until we are in a crisis.  This is why the Bible and Jewish tradition/teaching teaches us to go against our sinful/flesh nature and to focus on the Spirit.   The Apostle Paul writes in Colossians 3 and Ephesian 4 we are RENEWED in Christ and the Holy Spirit.  So the conduct of a Christian should be along these lines, ASSUMING the one claiming to be a Christian a  renewed Christian.  ;)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:32:32 PM by w1s3m0n »

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 02:38:09 AM »
Why are your thoughts always surrounding of Jesus?

Are you suppose to focus on Jesus at all time or are you gonna sway your attention on worldly things?

If you're truly bible fanatic then I suggest you shall go back to your bible reading and read certain passages where he told his disciples about his missions after resurrection, not before Crucifixion.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:40:22 AM by Visualmon »

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 12:25:13 PM »
For sure...the great commission.  Every Christian knows that.  But Jesus also said don't waste your time on certain people they cannot see the log in their eye.   ;)

Are you suppose to focus on Jesus at all time or are you gonna sway your attention on worldly things?

If you're truly bible fanatic then I suggest you shall go back to your bible reading and read certain passages where he told his disciples about his missions after resurrection, not before Crucifixion.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 02:55:31 PM »
For sure...the great commission. Every Christian knows that.

Oh really?... you're among the heathen, huh.

But Jesus also said don't waste your time on certain people they cannot see the log in their eye.   ;)

A log that big can fit in their own eyes. A poor excuse for heathen making up load of craps.  ;D

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 03:14:10 PM »
Somebody wants to start a fight because they are bored.   :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Oh really?... you're among the heathen, huh.

A log that big can fit in their own eyes. A poor excuse for heathen making up load of craps.  ;D

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 07:25:25 PM »
Somebody wants to start a fight because they are bored.   :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

It's not a fight. More like debating and examining oneself instead of contradicting and lying. O0 8)

Advertisements