Advertisement

Author Topic: I asked my nephew today if amazon is still hiring temp workers  (Read 2494 times)

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
Re: I asked my nephew today if amazon is still hiring temp workers
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2020, 06:10:08 AM »
decided not to take on the offer from Amazon. It was tough but life's lessons i learn from the past came back to me and this time i really have to use what i learned to make a decision. Amazon was just like that random chick you met somewhere, fell in love for a short time, only to realize a few weeks later- it was just a fling. haha or it was like the time you went out of your way and do someone a big favor, only it came back and hit you 10 times as hard...

so had to be transparent with them. It was embarassing, but i figure it's the only way they'll understand, and i think they did. I said " I was just bored, I already a primary employer, I took a leave from them, and they were aware of me usually taking up on gigs when Im on leave, I just love hard physical work, and I wasn't trying to impress anyone, thanks for your consideration, but I just have other plans, and unfortunately, I can not grow with Amazon and be a part of it for the long term"

yup, broke one of the golden rules folks...i should had just been a moderate worker...i went above and beyond...and now possibly have created some strains...

the old saying, don't a be victim of your own success....hah ah oh wells. life goes on.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2020, 11:17:13 PM »
last week was suppose to be next week, but i decided to make it this week my last. I don't really feel comfortable anymore after I told them I do not intend to stay beyond my seasonal assignment...o r i call it a gig.....folks, my fault...I went in, I kick ass, and i raise the standards but now im leaving and they must think i did it on purpose..haha I thought, they would just be grateful for what i can provide for a short time...but...o h wells...i'll forget it after my last day, and it'll feel like just another day the next day...haha

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2020, 10:47:37 PM »
called it the end of a relationship with Amazon..haha its not perfect, and its still a young growing and turbulent company, but its a very decent place for entry level working folks and really wish Amazon was as big when i graduated high school..haha my generation had it bad..gang violence, economy downfall.  these kids today don't know how good and easy they have it. I will definitely miss some of the folks i befriended with there. But it's time to turn the page to a new chapter.

taking the rest of the year off, going back to my city job for a year or two then retire...if i get bored later on in retirement, i'd probably do more seasonal work for Amazon...i've set some solid numbers, broke 2 or 3 records and broke a lot of egos there...lols they see me, I walk slow, I'm somewhat timid in nature. I talk a little awkward, but if someone piss me off, i make them shit in their pants..haha so yeah, duma, you right...i did have a lot to prove and alot of it was personal...lol s not against Amazon, but from past employers who underestimated and have no faith in me...some...ne ver gave me a chance..some of these employers are either competitors of Amazon or another victim of Amazon..hahah

put on a stow race of a lifetime on my last day..lols too easy, so i had to make it intersting by purposly letting some people beat me for a few minutes, then i would catch up and take the lead, then i let them come close,then let them take the lead by a significant margin, then with 15  minutes left, i'll go into super beast mode, catch up, and then smoke them just enough by beating them by a small margin....lols whoever thought they were sure to win the race, must have probably shat their pants...some people literally just gave up once they see they can't catch up...haha you just get a feeling they are piss off and log off of the race..lols

i was hitting around 10 seconds all day, and that just my normal speed..my average speed is around 7-8 seconds..lowes t i went down was 4 seconds, once people saw im down to 6 seconds, they just gave up...when i went beast mode i was right at 4.1 second, had i wanted to kill myself, i could of have went down to 3 seconds, maybe even 2 or even 1 second tak time..lols j/k...but i heard the lowest any stower in Amazon history went down was 2 seconds...that's gotta be during fast start and someone with a thousand swishers to stow with 90% empty big space and possibly someone who is at least 6 feet going at it in beast mode...lols

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2021, 10:42:56 PM »
man I miss Amazon already..haha but i feel good. went from working with hundreds if not thousands of people in one building, to 10-20 people in one facility..haha h back to my city job, my supervisor is planning to retire by summer, and says I am next in line to take over, he says it with a smirk knowing i will follow suit soon after...well if a year or two is soon to you, to me it is just very quick..haha

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2021, 09:12:41 PM »
a friend i made while my time at Amazon text me he's coming back. Post office didn't work out for him. I text back, I left mid December, but why didn't the Post Office work out for you. He goes on a rant,how strict, and how backstabbing and mean people were there. Lols..Honestly I wanted to tell him, bro, i seen your ass work and you can barely hang climbing up the stairs and walking to and back from breaks while at Amazon...but then I told him, you know what, I might just have to do a gig for the Post office now...lols Amazon folks were too squared so to speak, I'm kind of in a rowdy mood...Want to make some new enemies..haha j/k...I just need a new challenge. Heard a lot about the PO, how physically intensive some positions are, how big of ****s people are there. I really want to go kick some asses now...I just hope it's not literally kicking asses though..but usually if i go in to kick ass, just like Amazon, the big guys just end up loving me....lols but there's always gonna be haters jealous of me..no matter where i go...nothing new...it only tells me im doing something right..lols

putting in my application tomorrow online...i heard its only contract work anyway so no testing...lols gotta tell my boss i need a nother leave..lols

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2021, 10:03:06 PM »
put in my application... they called me right away...like within 3 hours...lols.. .told the boss...he was like dude wtf is wrong with you...then i said it's the POst Office though...he was like in that case, anything for America and its economy. go for it...haha Guy is a true patriot...was a Trump Lover but towards the end hated trump....claim s he voted for Biden..dunno if i believe him though...haha

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2021, 10:50:13 PM »
Injured my shoulder again folks, so the P.O is a no go. Well, maybe I'll go anyway. It's only one shoulder..haha still waiting for them to get back at me...federal background check takes much longer, so i still have some time..haha

Advertisements