Advertisement

Author Topic: Sad About How Asians Are Being Treated  (Read 4527 times)

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Sad About How Asians Are Being Treated
« on: March 19, 2020, 12:50:00 PM »
My wife and I were at the grocery store at 9pm last night.  The workers were nice and accomodating but the white people were avoiding us.  One lady saw us down the aisle and she did a u-turn quickly in terror.  Of course, she was in her 50's.  One guy in his 30's was shopping and we turned into the aisle and he got nervous and started to distance himself.  We noticed that over half the white people in the store were afraid of Asians and dodging Asians.  I really wish our President would set the tone to how ALL AMERICANS should be treated.  His constant racist remarks make being a POC much harder as if it wasn't hard enough to be a POC. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +366
    • View Profile
Re: Sad About How Asians Are Being Treated
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 02:38:36 PM »
Don't forget that the white people went into small island of South India and do horrible things to the Sentinelese tribe. White ppl do some perverted things and brought diseases to those indigenous people. Why didn't you tell this bad history to POTUS's guillible xenophobians? Even white ppl like that can't take the account of their own beliefs.  Pretty the same as Tomi Laren. :idiot2:

Tell them this passage: 3 “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? 4 How can you think of saying to your friend,‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 05:40:19 PM »
My wife and I were at the grocery store at 9pm last night.  The workers were nice and accomodating but the white people were avoiding us.  One lady saw us down the aisle and she did a u-turn quickly in terror.  Of course, she was in her 50's.  One guy in his 30's was shopping and we turned into the aisle and he got nervous and started to distance himself.  We noticed that over half the white people in the store were afraid of Asians and dodging Asians.  I really wish our President would set the tone to how ALL AMERICANS should be treated.  His constant racist remarks make being a POC much harder as if it wasn't hard enough to be a POC.
if you voted for Trump then this is your own fault because Trump is currently spreading hate against Asians by calling this a Chinese virus and saying it's okay to do so.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 05:50:29 PM »
if you voted for Trump then this is your own fault because Trump is currently spreading hate against Asians by calling this a Chinese virus and saying it's okay to do so.

Let me go on the record and say I voted for Hilary so you can stop with your antics.  I'm not your kind of liberal who whines when things don't go your way, and I'm not some idiotic conservative who thinks conserving the racist past of America will make us great again.  As a classical liberal aka moderate, we know it's not left or right, it's forward.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 06:14:26 PM »
asian being treated is my least concern. 

Read what else is the missing picture that is far worse.  I wrote about it here

https://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php/topic,400550.msg4966207/topicseen.html#msg4966207

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 11:54:28 AM »
So If I go fishing...all the people will move away from me...awesome open fishing spot. :P

Anyway, it's really more self awareness and awareness of oneself while out in public.  A lot of people are oblivious to their surroundings.  I'll bet that there were always people avoiding other people...it's just that some people are now beginning to see that aspect.

If you grew up in a predominately white rural area...you'd notice this from way back decades ago.  Even other differences like why the white neighbor has lots of toys in their yard, just tossed about, scattered.  That one neighbor who's always got a clean lawn.  That one neighbor who's got the unkepted yard/lawn.  Yet if you're the Asian and if you attracted any attention...ye ah, the complainers are already complaining... They ain't worry about any of the other white trash in the neighborhood. 

You go shopping and go to a check out lane...cashier puts up close sign.  Simple things like this has been happening for decades.  It didn't just happened today.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 12:32:39 PM »
You are certainly uneducated and ignorant because you don't understand anything about communication theory and race theory.  Calling it the Chinese virus is not the same as calling food from China Chinese Food.  A pejorative word carries a lot of hate and racism.  Trump saying Chinese Flu encourages and justifies hateful acts against the Asian community.  Trump should stop it immediately.  He should know better, but all he is doing is rallying his racist white people to vote for him.  He's playing the game.  He's the type of jock that will win by any means necessary as long as it is not illegal.

Sure we need to practice social distancing but let not let our prejudice, discrimination, and hate be express overtly like it is now.  There are Asian people being mobbed just for their skin color.    I'm sure you don't recall the racist hate KILL A HMONG SAVE A DEER.  That took YEARS for the community to get rid of the overt racism.   There are still COVERT racism about KILL A HMONG SAVE A DEER.  We need solidarity on this issue and not some bullshit about justification blah blah blah...don't be stupid.  Have ally behaviors for your own or someday you'll wake up with a family member hurt because of your lack of ally behavior to deter hate acts.

It took me a while to understand race theory because I wasn't taught it sufficiently in school.  There are a lot of racism that is institutionali zed and covert.

As you know, this pandemic started in China...the Chinese were highly criticized for failing to let the world know until it was already too late.  they failed on so many levels...faile d to publicize the seriousness of the issue, failed containment, failed to report accurate numbers and failed to protect it's citizen.  they were ashamed of the situation, condemned by other countries due to their failures and now, they want to shift blame to america..sayin g we've (US) created and planted the virus.  :idiot2:    It is rightful for the president to call it what it is..."a Chinese virus" when you have a country who does not accept responsibility .

as for people giving you the stinky chinky eyes...trump don't need to say it, if they're gonna hate you, they will do  it regardless.  i don't think it's because they hate you but "practicing social distance", instead.

i would prefer people to avoid me than try to get within my circle of comfort zone...we got a greater health risk at hand.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:35:24 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 02:50:30 PM »
So, Trump and his administration s should also be held accountable for their response too then, right?

His narrative, mirrored by his administration and Fox, was initially "fake news", "democratic evil plan to impeach me" and etc...Not exactly apples to apples, but if we're to blame China AND give it a misnomer, then we should have the right to admonish Trump and his administration in kind?

Either way, China HAD the responsibility to respond initially and did not do so. They're responsible for the epidemic in China and the pandemic worldwide as it started to spread globally. Trump, is responsible for MOST if not ALL the failures domestically. Say for the damn idiots who keep partying.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 04:38:40 PM »
People blaming China don't seem to understand that we knew about this as early as January but Trump didn't allow people to take the test because he wanted to keep the numbers low. Even just three weeks ago, if you tried to get tested your chances of getting tested were pretty much zero unless you were dying or on a Cruz ship on your way to America and they wanted to test you just so they can say you weren't on American soil when you were determined to be positive.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »
Let me go on the record and say I voted for Hilary so you can stop with your antics.  I'm not your kind of liberal who whines when things don't go your way, and I'm not some idiotic conservative who thinks conserving the racist past of America will make us great again.  As a classical liberal aka moderate, we know it's not left or right, it's forward.
meant it in general, not directed at just you. I would hope that no Hmong person voted for Trump but some are so stupid they can't see how racist he is and his racism is putting lives of minorities in danger.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 09:00:56 PM »
So, Trump and his administration s should also be held accountable for their response too then, right?

His narrative, mirrored by his administration and Fox, was initially "fake news", "democratic evil plan to impeach me" and etc...Not exactly apples to apples, but if we're to blame China AND give it a misnomer, then we should have the right to admonish Trump and his administration in kind?

Either way, China HAD the responsibility to respond initially and did not do so. They're responsible for the epidemic in China and the pandemic worldwide as it started to spread globally. Trump, is responsible for MOST if not ALL the failures domestically. Say for the damn idiots who keep partying.

Trump can't understand anything but the business and the stock market.  The dude looks like a deer in headlights when it comes to health crises.  He should have activated the CDC to take lead or at least the Secretary of Health.  Then he should had instructed the FDA, NIH, DARPA, and CDC to work with private industries to quickly develop a therapy and vaccine.  instead, all the private industries are doing the same research over and over trying to win in the market by being 1st to market.  Everyone is squandering valuable research hours and time with high redundancy.  They need government intervention.  Then you got companies like Roche who decided not to make enough test because it's not profitable enough but they want to "DO GOOD".  The defense act took too long.  The Stafford act took too long.  3 MONTHS too long.  Why did this happen?  Trump didn't want to market to panic.  Well, it DID!  Currently there are 3 BIG ISSUES:
1) Coronavirus shutting down the consumption industry.
2) Financial industry in a tissy hence FED went to ZIRP again like 2008 (we are not hearing this yet)
3) The commodity market is in a tissy too (US 3rd major producer of oil and all of this was finance off loans - SEE #2).  US is caught in a OPEC vs. RUSSIA and the price war is going to kill the US OIL industry and those on Wallstreet who loaned massively to build up the infrastructure are going to go bankrupt.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 09:03:23 PM by w1s3m0n »

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 06:06:25 PM »

Didn't the US gov't and your state gov't issue the social distancing (at least 6 ft) during this crisis? I wish I had the same issue, it'll make my shopping better, no one to bother me while I go about my businesses.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 06:20:00 PM »
meant it in general, not directed at just you. I would hope that no Hmong person voted for Trump but some are so stupid they can't see how racist he is and his racism is putting lives of minorities in danger.

What right do you have to call anyone that don't vote like you stupid? Don't just eat what the media is feeding you. We all know they pick and choose and tell half truth to push their agenda. We saw it with the "hands up don't shoot" in Ferguson, their race mongering agenda in the high school teen against native american narrative, etc. etc. And we all know they report every little thing to get the masses to hate on Trump. You have to be either too naive or blind to not noticed it. I didn't vote in 2016 but if had I would have voted for Trump instead of the queen of lies, Hillary.

So, YAX, where were you when these media says all these thing before Trump did?

CNN:
“Vaccine for new Chinese coronavirus in the works”
“China confirms Wuhan virus can be spread by humans”

The Washington Post:
“First U.S. case of potentially deadly Chinese coronavirus confirmed in Washington state”
“Chinese coronavirus infections, death toll soar as fifth case is confirmed in U.S.”

The Los Angeles Times:
“Chinese coronavirus outbreak has reached U.S. shores, CDC says”

BuzzFeed:
The First Case Of The Chinese Coronavirus Has Hit The US, CDC Reports

Reuters:
“Japan confirms case of new Chinese virus, spread is ‘concerning’”
“With Wuhan virus genetic code in hand, scientists begin work on a vaccine”

CNBC:
“The CDC and Homeland Security begin screening for Chinese Coronavirus at three major US airports as outbreak spreads in Asia”

BBC:
“China coronavirus ‘spreads before symptoms show”

Foreign Policy:
“The Wuhan Virus: How to Stay Safe”

USA Today:
“Something Far Deadlier Than The Wuhan Virus Lurks Near You”

Bloomberg:
“10-Year-Old Boy Raises Fears Wuhan Virus Could Spread Undetected”

NPR:
“Your Questions About Wuhan Coronavirus, Answered”

Business Insider:
“Here are the symptoms of the deadly Wuhan coronavirus and when you should be worried”

So, when does it become racist remarks? Is it as soon someone other than a lib/dem supporter says it? These same media are the ones complaining now how Trump's rhetorics are racist.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline w1s3m0n

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 10:26:06 AM »
since when did stating the facts makes one uneducated and ignorant?  so you're ok with China deflecting blame on america?  this was done by top level officials of the chinese government accusing americans of creating the virus and planting it!  if trump had not clarified and/or put a stop to it...every country would be hating america.  how can one stand idly by when you're being falsely accused?  Mind you this is not just some minor illness...it's a pandemic (world wide)...the clarity needs to be addressed. 

before this chinese virus...racism and hate crimes already existed.  the leftist media just happens to show you more of the asian hate crimes.

Murder exists since the beginning of time.  Can I murder you?  Don’t answer that it is a rhetorical question.

It’s called TAKE THE HIGH ROAD it is who we are as Americans!  We are a class above the others.  When we stoop to their levels, we lose our class and our moral high ground.

I doubt the brainwashed can comprehend this.

Btw, Asians will never be white enough.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 11:18:08 AM »
The racists have always existed, this virus is just an excuse to be physical and verbal about their hate. You have minorities hating on Asian and you have Caucasian hating on Asian. Is there a difference, not really. Be cautious and look out for your loved ones.

Advertisements