Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone Quarantine at Home  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Anyone Quarantine at Home
« on: March 20, 2020, 09:42:44 AM »
So at my work place a staff tested positive for the Corona Virus and now all of us are quarantine at home.   Oh, and I was visiting some stores yesterday and no bathroom tissues, sanitizers, etc.  Bought some bleach and going to make some disinfectant spray from that.  Be safe and be well everyone.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Quarantine at Home
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 10:18:29 AM »
Nope, still at work.  Bills doesn't stop, so have to work.  (cough, cough)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 10:39:21 AM »
Well, in the history that I've been working..this is the first time I'm getting paid sitting at home :D :D :D but I think this quarantine thing is a good thing.  We all have to work together to slow down this virus.  I'm watching what's happening in Italy and it's tough over there.  I don't want the US to become Italy.  We'll get through this but in the meantime all of us will have to do our part..  This morning I was watching the news on some trial vaccines for the virus and seem optimistic... although more test needed to be done still...  So, some people have been getting better.

So I hope life will be back to normal soon.  But what a year so far....

Again, be safe and be well everyone.

Like this post: +1
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 12:29:13 PM »
Still working and putting in OT  ;D

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 01:12:03 PM »
We have a small enough office that we can get away with having 10...(or more ***shh***).

But we have all the equipment (laptops, phones and etc.) set to go, we're just procrastinatin g a little bit. My boss is the "tough as nails" type and it's reflected by his subordinates.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 10:43:02 AM »
Someone at my workplace tested positive too. We're under self quarantine too. Been home all week. If my test results comes back negative, I can go to work but it's been a week and haven't heard anything back regarding my results.  Dr says to wait till my result comes back or stay home for 14 days, which ever comes first.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 03:01:07 PM »
A staff from oversea came for a meeting.  Hes positive so all that were in the room are tested n home bound, waiting for results.   Been a week no results yet.  Say lots of testing coming in thus why.  A person that was in the meeting then had a meeting with us.  I sat rather closed to that person.  Im not tested. Showing no symptoms yet and I'm clear for wk.  Well Monday I'm coming in but my chicken azz is taking pto starting Tuesday for a week.  I wk near the epic center so I'm jittery about it but I gotta take it for what it is.  I have a place to quarantine my azz so I'm good.

I feel for those who are being tested and waiting or us positive but have no place to quarantine.   What do people do in this case?  Live out of your car? Live in your garage? 

How you gonna pee, poop, shower until you get better? 

Well I dont have symptoms but I live like I do.  I self quarantine myself from the world unless I need to make the runs for essentials n best at opener when new products are out n less people out there. 

China claimed to have no new cases which I believe is not true.  Unless there are a set of people who has it but are asymptomatic.   These are probably the people that are walking around right now.   Like the tb folks.  Carrier but as long as we dont sneeze or cough, We cant give to other people.   

We need to continue to keep a clean profile n be germaphobic in order to dodge it.  If it mutate,  the end of human civilization is next.  My life is not completely done yet.  I need to get marry n play house.  To bring children into this wuhan disease world may be something I might have to reconsider.  Then again, they might end up be the future of our world and hoping their immune system will be strong enough to combat this poison with poison of their own

Life goes on.  Just no marriage for social gathering right now. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 05:59:54 PM »
So at my work place a staff tested positive for the Corona Virus and now all of us are quarantine at home.   Oh, and I was visiting some stores yesterday and no bathroom tissues, sanitizers, etc.  Bought some bleach and going to make some disinfectant spray from that.  Be safe and be well everyone.

Not me... no one in my city or county have the infection yet. Our company just implemented a new form before allowing any contractor into our plant. We've all been given remote access if the plant should shut down, we can work from home.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +648
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 11:02:26 AM »
Been wfh for three weeks and quarantined for 10 days. The tentative date to return is April 6 but that is not looking too good right now.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 03:10:30 PM »
Today is Tuesday, I'm on pto, the quarantine continues.   

Good news, the 7 staffs that got tested all were negatives.  That means I may not need to test myself.  I'll still isolate myself from my family though. 

Now the fun part is to find things to do to kill time while dodging people.   Fishing with the boys in 1 hr they say but we will keep our distance still.  My Hmong boy is also a cok fighter so that is how he kills time.  I may need to do that or go get a pet puppy or something.   

I know one thing though.  I need to stop checking in and keeping up to date with the latest news.  Seeing n reading so much may not be healthy for your life.  It is like a kid who plays games on his fon 24/7.

Gotta start making new goals n come up with new hobbies and execute them cuz if the world is changing, so shall I. 

Get well n be safer folks. 

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 06:36:19 PM »
Today is Tuesday, I'm on pto, the quarantine continues.   

Good news, the 7 staffs that got tested all were negatives.  That means I may not need to test myself.  I'll still isolate myself from my family though. 

Now the fun part is to find things to do to kill time while dodging people.   Fishing with the boys in 1 hr they say but we will keep our distance still.  My Hmong boy is also a cok fighter so that is how he kills time.  I may need to do that or go get a pet puppy or something.   

I know one thing though.  I need to stop checking in and keeping up to date with the latest news.  Seeing n reading so much may not be healthy for your life.  It is like a kid who plays games on his fon 24/7.

Gotta start making new goals n come up with new hobbies and execute them cuz if the world is changing, so shall I. 

Get well n be safer folks.

Hobby ideas when not watching depressing news:
1. Write poems and stories and post comments on ph
2. Read--now is your chance to get as much reading in as possible
3. Draw
4. Paint
5. Watch movies
6. Go for walks--stay 10 feet away from other people
7. Go fishing--stay 10 feet away from other people
8. Have hope
9. Have faith
10. Pray

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 06:57:40 PM »
Chimps have sex to calm anger down and establish peace. So, when the females fight or don't behave, a controlling male goes around and gives them sex. Then they sit around and obey orders.

11. Make love (I heard it boosts the immune system)  ;D

Here you go:
https://www.aarp.org/relationships/love-sex/info-06-2011/sex-improves-men-health.html
https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/sex-and-health#2

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 07:06:45 PM »
Chimps have sex to calm anger down and establish peace. So, when the females fight or don't behave, a controlling male goes around and gives them sex. Then they sit around and obey orders.

LOL!   :2funny:   Really???  I didn't know that!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 10:28:18 PM »
Hobby ideas when not watching depressing news:
1. Write poems and stories and post comments on ph
2. Read--now is your chance to get as much reading in as possible
3. Draw
4. Paint
5. Watch movies
6. Go for walks--stay 10 feet away from other people
7. Go fishing--stay 10 feet away from other people
8. Have hope
9. Have faith
10. Pray

The list according to a woman.  I think if we were in quarantine,  I would run outside and catch it n be done for cuz that list though,  nope, cant do it. 

Advertisements