Advertisement

Author Topic: Bodybuilding  (Read 6399 times)

TheAfterLife

Bodybuilding
« on: May 17, 2020, 03:19:12 PM »
Is it true that it takes 5 years just to get a jocky body? I use myfitnesspal app on my phone to calculate my food through weighing it in grams or ounces.

As a skinny guy who's afraid of getting fat from bulk, how do you still maintain the muscles to look good in the mirror while bulking? I really need help on bodybuilding.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 11:55:41 AM »
Might depend on what you do and what you eat.

I biked every morning and ran every afternoon just in the summer months. Then I refrained from eating too much and limited intakes to mostly fruits and veggies.

That seemed to have worked for me. Not entirely considered jocky body but something I could live with.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 05:59:52 AM »
Every body is different in some respect yet nutrition and basics of body building muscles follows two things in respect.  You have to think about muscles in terms of the two major types of muscles.  One is the fast twitch muscles and the other one is the slow twitch muscles.  Body building for size should be one of focus on the slow twitch muscles for bulk.  Still one should also work on fast twitch muscles because those the the ones that supplements when the slow twitch muscles are tired or under strain.

Anyways to get a body build that will actually sustain and last, it is about a 5 year plan.  In short term, you will probably see the fastest muscle response in the first month of body building.  You should see a plateau effect in about two to three months.  It will then be a slow growth about 4 to 5 months and another plateau effect at about the 6th month of a training regiment.  There is a cycle of growth response and plateau effect.  If it's a training regiment of continuous growth. 

If you heard of the term, dirty bulking and don't ever follow that path, you should be able to maintain good body growth without getting fat.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 08:13:12 PM »
You have to live the life if you want the results. 

It takes a long time for you to get a notice.  I wouldn't look in the mirror to start out with.  You will not see chit.

When I was in my prime, I was at 3% body fat.  My routine is this and it looks like I'm heading into the physical therapy or PE major or something.

Started as a sophmore in high school, I played football and wrestling so that's 2 years worth of training.  In coming college, I took a weight training course every semester.  Even summer school, I took a weight training course.  On occasion when I see a free trial or cheap membership deal for an outside gym, I would buy it but only for a 1 year membership. 

So it gets crazy like this.

I have a weight bench machine in my bedroom.  I would wake up and do a few bench press and few other stuff like curls and triceps behind the back for shoulders.  Just a few reps before breakfast.  I just like my muscles to be tighten cuz well, it looks good with that tee shirt I got on.  Then go to school I got my weight training or strength conditioning classes.  After school, I would play street basketball and I be careful here cuz weight training can messes up your shots but I do like to do a few bench press before ball cuz that basketball will feel really light to me and that is how I like to handle my ball.  Then if I have a gym membership, I would go work out there too but it is all for vanity reasoning only.  I mean I would to the gym to mess around and look at women in tights and do really light weight and people around me be like, look at that guy, he's doing 5lbs curls but yet,  his body looks like he's been doing it for years.  Exactly my psychology and it effs people minds up.

Then before I sleep, I would do 5 sets of everything and all I needed is just a bench machine cuz with that, I can do a wide variety of exercises.   I would go to sleep all swollen up and when I wake up in the morning, you can really feel the muscle ripping on your body but like a drug, if you wants to continue for your body to keep that flexing look, you gotta pump that iron to stay with that tightness on your body. 

I took around 60 or so units with weight training.  I took every classes that they provided from beginning to intermediate to advance to pass or no pass classes. 

My friend took it to another level.  He would drive around with a small dumb bell in his car so driving is downtown so he would do a few curls.  Like investing, it all adds up and that guy is all about biceps.  You can't win him in arm wrestling. 

I would would work upper body 1 day, rest it upper the next day and do lower body the following day.  Abs I do everyday.  Rest lower and do upper.  I only rest on Sunday but I still play ball on sunday. 

I only work on major muscles that shows like chest, biceps. triceps, backs, shoulders and abs.  There might be some muscle building in between as some exercises are a combination of building duel muscles.  Like if you just do bench pressing, your deltoids will also be impacted.  I don't do forearm cuz who the hell waste their time on forearm unless you compete.  The forearm also gets muscle growth by doing curls so no need to waste time on them other muscle groups that is not the major ones. 

So if you were going to paint a picture of a nice body, you would start with the chest then abs then give him nice biceps and that's it. As long as all of those bigger major  muscles that we like to look at are defined, it will look like you are in shape.  Same goes with women.  She can be fat or big bone but if her waist is small, it will still give her that curve shape and to me, that's a full figure woman and that's also hot.

So you see, concentrate on the major guns that will show and all them other minor muscle groups can grow slowly

Here's the kicker to why I was able to live this life style.  I part time for beer money and mommy taking care of the bills while I go to college.  I got a lot of time on my hands to do this hobby.  Nowadays, I don't have time and I know it is just an excuse but I have no goals and without it, i can't get my butt back in shape.  I gained weight and still got the dad bod.  Had I not worked out when I was younger, this dad bod will look so messed up.  I got the dad bod but you can tell that I was once a work out guru from the definitions of my body.  8 packs are definitely gone and all that beer is starting to show.  I dunno.  Since I do not compete anymore, I view working out to that degree is for kids.  Just like eating candy, I don't eat candy cuz that's kid's food.  I prefer the manly food with beer these days. 

It is a part of growing up and the evolution of the body I suppose but mark my words.  Once I'm settling down and play house with a family and kids, that body is coming back to me.  I have the fundamental knowledge to get it back and as you grow older, you must prepare yourself cuz old age and a messy body, you will eat it someday with poor health and what not. 

Some older people must work out or they will die.  If that was our case, we will be so motivated to work our azz off cuz no one wants to die. 

If you skinny, don't worry about getting bulky through working out.  Just do it and adjust later.  Most likely, your genetic will allow you to look tone.  Skinny people already got that 8 pack as a natural starter so all you need is to put muscles in the right place that you want to see. 

You gotta live that lifestyle.  No way around it if you want to enter the health and fitness hobby.  Good luck with your journey.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 02:11:01 AM »
Well, coronavirus is still around and all gyms are closed.

It's called body building, not going to the gym. People go to the gym to show off or gawk at others.  Well maybe a few don't do that.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements