Advertisement

Author Topic: I didn't experience racism until I moved to a liberal city  (Read 441 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
My family has always lived in very small conservative towns. We never experienced racism because everybody knew each other. I guess you could say we were like the token asian refugee family in the towns we lived in that was primarily white. They just accepted us as different as we did them. That's the thing about rural town folk. They might not know much about your culture so they might be curious to ask you things, but it isn't due to racism. More like curiosity.

But man, when we moved to a liberal city, that's where the racism really hit. Not just from white kids at school but Mexicans and blacks.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't experience racism until I moved to a liberal city
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 07:23:00 AM »
I went to 3 different high schools.

I can tell you now that the inner cities will have their own problems because a clusters of minorities are bored and so racism against other minorities are common.   Our locker hallways are segregated as hell.  One for asians and one for blacks, whites, mex.   Even the student's parking lot were segregated as it was closer to each locker hallways. 

I went to a rural high school where I was the 5th asian person in the whole school.  Being an introvert helps me to keep things to myself or I would of fight my way to survive. 

Senior year was back to inner cities but a newer school, only 2 years young.  Everyone clicked well here.  No ghetto lifestyle  :2funny:

If my high schools would represent the world, inner cities get more action but rural, well that's where you find weird redneck cases like kidnapping young girls and making them slaves or bury a chai vang in your backyard cases. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't experience racism until I moved to a liberal city
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 10:16:58 AM »
My family has always lived in very small conservative towns. We never experienced racism because everybody knew each other.

Another LIE just like being for guns now after arguing tooth and nail against me and against guns...

YOU already said, you were targeted with hate by the White folks in your "very small conservative towns" and even though it hurt you badly, you just "FAKE" it..when I was trying to encourage minorities to stand up and fight hate... :idiot2:

Advertisements