Advertisement

Author Topic: Jesus Endorses Traditional Marriage  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Jesus Endorses Traditional Marriage
« on: May 28, 2020, 02:33:47 AM »
Matthew 19:4-6

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’ 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Jesus was addressing divorce and in doing so He was clearly promoting one man, one woman marriage. When the Pharisees asked why Moses allowed divorce, this was Jesus' reply:

Matthew 19:8-9

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

This was the disciples reaction:

Matthew 19:10

10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

^^^ This is key right here because the disciples were saying that men shouldn't marry then.

Jesus responds:

Matthew 19:11-12

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

In other words, the men who do not marry and accept that marriage is not in their cards fall into these categories: they were born with no libido, and then some made to have no libido. And then there are men who do not marry because they want to live for the kingdom of god.

Clearly, it can be concluded that men who fall outside of these categories were designed to take a wife and should take a wife. To which sex they're attracted to is of no relevance.

It is in God's design that marriage is to be of one man and one woman.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 02:38:28 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus Endorses Traditional Marriage
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 02:36:54 AM »

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 06:03:15 AM »
I think Master Yoda teach these parables more sensible to his disciples. That's why he's looking at us like....

https://youtu.be/l5hB8VqBxHk

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:06:18 AM by Visualmon »

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 06:14:46 AM »
Matthew 19:4-6

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’ 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Jesus was addressing divorce and in doing so He was clearly promoting one man, one woman marriage. When the Pharisees asked why Moses allowed divorce, this was Jesus' reply:

Matthew 19:8-9

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

This was the disciples reaction:

Matthew 19:10

10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

^^^ This is key right here because the disciples were saying that men shouldn't marry then.

Jesus responds:

Matthew 19:11-12

11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

In other words, the men who do not marry and accept that marriage is not in their cards fall into these categories: they were born with no libido, and then some made to have no libido. And then there are men who do not marry because they want to live for the kingdom of god.

Clearly, it can be concluded that men who fall outside of these categories were designed to take a wife and should take a wife. To which sex they're attracted to is of no relevance.

It is in God's design that marriage is to be of one man and one woman.

I'm still confused because ...

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 09:51:59 AM »
Again, Jesus addresses eunuchs who don't marry and is justified. But he never said that gay men do not marry women. And he definitely did not say gay men should marry gay men.

He specifically said that men leave their parents to take a wife, except for eunuchs and those who choose to live like eunuchs for the kingdom of god.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 11:46:18 PM »
Again, Jesus addresses eunuchs who don't marry and is justified. But he never said that gay men do not marry women. And he definitely did not say gay men should marry gay men.

He specifically said that men leave their parents to take a wife, except for eunuchs and those who choose to live like eunuchs for the kingdom of god.

I'm still confused, babe.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 12:55:31 AM »
In those passages you mentioned above, Jesus addressed Eunuchs as single men with purpose to work for God. E.g. Peter, Matthew, Luke, John, and Paul are single and they work for Jesus + sky daddy. Jesus also described marriage as a union with God too.

One thing for sure our ancestors don't marry for God.  ;D

Abraham married to Sarah, not for the sake of Kingdom of Heaven.
Jacob married to Rachel and Leah, not for the sake of Kingdom of Heaven.
Noah married to Namaah, still not for the sake of Kingdom of Heaven.
King David stole Bathsheba from Uriah and marry her, still not for the sake of Kingdom of Heaven.
Samson and Deliah do the jungle fever out of wedlock, still not for the sake of Kingdom of Heaven either.

Nowadays I see some people marry for the sake of their family's tradition and some of them marry for their dire needs. That's why I keep seeing horrific problems in their marriage lives because they don't understand what "marriage" is all about fusion (one flesh) and covenant (commitment).

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 11:55:46 AM »
Eunuchs don't stay single necessarily for the Kingdom of God. He says they stay single because they have no noov qe to consummate the marriage. As the Hmoob OG say, "tsis muaj khoom". Then there are men who are not eunuchs but they live like eunuchs (celibacy) because they live for the Kingdom of God.

Otherwise, men leave their parents and take a wife. This is God's design for marriage. Never did it say that these men must be sexually attracted to women because marriage was never about sexual attraction. Are people more willing to make commitments to someone they're physically attracted to? Probably. It doesn't hurt to view your spouse as physically attractive, BUT that's actually not what makes a marriage last.

'Tis why homosexuality is hedonistic and all about fleshly pleasures.

God wants us to have romantic interest in our partners, NOT sexual interest. This is why marriage is built on romantic orientation and not sexual orientation. "Romantic" in the sense that you are in love and love the person because of the intimate, emotional relationship. This can occur between a man and woman regardless what sex they are physically attracted to. And "yes", this can happen between two people of the same sex. However, God's design is for heterosexual marriage.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 06:50:04 AM »
the invisible man in the sky    ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 11:27:54 PM »
^^^

Invisible just means that you can't see with the eyes. That's not the same thing as non-existence. And what does non-existence mean except something that has yet to be discovered or revealed to humans.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 09:56:11 AM »
^^^

Invisible just means that you can't see with the eyes. That's not the same thing as non-existence. And what does non-existence mean except something that has yet to be discovered or revealed to humans.

Many different cultures
Beliefs and religion
God and goddess

In hmong, we just call it “yer shao”

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2020, 07:03:10 AM »
Eunuchs don't stay single necessarily for the Kingdom of God. He says they stay single because they have no noov qe to consummate the marriage. As the Hmoob OG say, "tsis muaj khoom". Then there are men who are not eunuchs but they live like eunuchs (celibacy) because they live for the Kingdom of God.

Otherwise, men leave their parents and take a wife. This is God's design for marriage. Never did it say that these men must be sexually attracted to women because marriage was never about sexual attraction. Are people more willing to make commitments to someone they're physically attracted to? Probably. It doesn't hurt to view your spouse as physically attractive, BUT that's actually not what makes a marriage last.

'Tis why homosexuality is hedonistic and all about fleshly pleasures.

God wants us to have romantic interest in our partners, NOT sexual interest. This is why marriage is built on romantic orientation and not sexual orientation. "Romantic" in the sense that you are in love and love the person because of the intimate, emotional relationship. This can occur between a man and woman regardless what sex they are physically attracted to. And "yes", this can happen between two people of the same sex. However, God's design is for heterosexual marriage.

What the hell, babe? Sex is suppose to be a bonus in the romantic relationship part.  ::)
Didn't God say, "multiply and be fruitful"?  :P

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2020, 07:14:23 AM »
the invisible man in the sky    ;D

He may be invisible to anyone who doesn't hold faith (trust) in the Lord O' Almighty. For those who is in pure-heart or renounced sinner may be able to see him manifest in front of anyone and hear his voice from any direction.

I'm not talking about going to Church every Sunday or Saturday and read the bible 24/7.
I'm talking about those who is repenting to God and leaving everything as wealth and luxurious items behind.

Advertisements