Advertisement

Author Topic: he said, she said, which one is the douche?  (Read 902 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
he said, she said, which one is the douche?
« on: June 07, 2020, 11:31:56 PM »
 ???:

Guy offers a drink to girl at a bar, then refuses to pay for it

It’s a classic rom-com setup. Guy sees girl from across the bar, guy offers to buy her a drink as an excuse to talk to her, girl orders four double shots of 1942 Don Julio Tequila.

A 23-year-old guy posted on Reddit asking whether he was in the wrong for this night-out snafu.

After dancing with and talking to a “really hot girl,” the 23-year-old pulled her over to the bar and offered to buy her a drink. He placed his order for a beer, and, as he told the bartender, “whatever she wants.”

The girl then promptly orders four double shots of expensive tequila — for reference, one shot of 1942 Don Julio is $75 — explaining that she was buying extras for her friends.

But when the bartender returned, the Reddit poster handed over a $10 bill to cover his beer and tip and then left. As for the girl’s reaction, he wrote, “She was pissed and yelling the normal insults.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: he said, she said, which one is the douche?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 03:32:26 AM »
Well played to the guy

Every guy should be able to sniff out a stiff

by the way, trump uses the world "stiff" to reference former secretary of state colin powell. 

He did say anything she wants but deals off when she ordered for her 10 kids too.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 09:27:51 AM »
I would say the girl...  but hope he learns his lesson.  Next time he should purchase the drink vs. give the girl an option to get her own drinks.  That was his mistake. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 03:50:50 PM »
One time I was at the Fantasia night club in St. Paul. I walked up to the drink counter and ordered a drink.

A girl walked up to me and introduced herself with a smile. I couldn't recognize her, but she said we had met at an event before and that she even served me some foods then.

I ordered a drink for her, too.

But it was just beer. It wasn't much. And I paid right on the spot. She took it.

Now, before she went back to her seat, she said her husband was related to me from a distant family and she just wanted me to not tell her husband about her being there.

Gosh, if she hadn't introduced herself, I would never have known who she was and would never say anything to anyone about her being there.

But two weeks later, her husband called me and asked if it was true she was at Fantasia.

Gosh, who already told him and how on Earth did he get my number, too?

You people think he would have come after me if I had told him I bought her a drink?

I bet someone has already told him that, too. But I bet he knew nothing had happened between her and me anyway.

Ok. That's unrelated, but this post reminded me of that one similar incident.

I agree with Dok that one should just get the drink and hand it to her.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 12:16:57 AM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 05:14:15 PM »
I agree with the guy in this case.  She was a douche for ordering 4 expensive shots.  WTF.  Gold digger bi*tch!  She should have been more considerate and just ordered one shot, and not have ordered such an expensive shot of liquor at that.  Wow.  Selfish girl.  Guy is right to walk away from someone like that, no matter how hot she is.  But if money is of no issue and he wanted just short-term fun, he should have paid for all 4 shots.  :)  Guess he didn't think she was worth it.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 05:43:24 PM »
Some women do take advantage of situations like that.

One time I asked a girl out. I even agreed to pick her up.

Well, her grandma, two sisters and a female friend came along.

I had to take them all in my car.

We spent over $200.00 on the dinner, partly because they ordered lobsters and some of the most cherished Asian dishes at this Chinese restaurant.

I agree with the guy in this case.  She was a douche for ordering 4 expensive shots.  WTF.  Gold digger bi*tch!  She should have been more considerate and just ordered one shot, and not have ordered such an expensive shot of liquor at that.  Wow.  Selfish girl.  Guy is right to walk away from someone like that, no matter how hot she is.  But if money is of no issue and he wanted just short-term fun, he should have paid for all 4 shots.  :)  Guess he didn't think she was worth it.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 06:43:02 PM »
I had a new roommate when I was in college.  It was a she and from my other friends, she's hot.  I already know her cuz we grew up together.  I think of her as a sister.   Yeah this is the one that dresses in lingerie to watch nfl night football with me.

So I went to the club in another city, about 2 hours away.  I always go there cuz well, it was my lifestyle that I don't want to reflect upon.  Thursday night at the rage, asian night in sacramento.  It is supposed to be azn but a majority hmong showed up.  Anyways, I was at the bar, buying a drink for myself then out of the blue, she showed up and you know how crowded a bar can get and since I was already in front of the crowd, I thought to myself, I'll might as well take her order too.  She called 5 shots and I'm like quat the fawk but as tipsy I was, I'm game.  Bring it on. 

Turns out, it was for her 4 other girl friends that stood right behind her.  I payed for all cuz that's what a guy is suppose to do at the bar right?   She was so proud to have me for her roomie that she told all of her friends that I'm her roomie.  Blessed her heart

and if you club or bar long enough, you get a few disrespectful girls that just wants a drink by the way they approaches you.  I'm like dayam girl, not even 10 seconds in and telling me to buy her a drink. 

I'm no chump though.  I get a freak nasty dance first then I'll buy you a drink.  To protest my investment you know?  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 10:17:50 AM »
I don't really do the bar scene as I don't care much for the game of it...

"Would you like drinks?"  I am not offering to buy...

"Let me treat you to a drink." I am offering to buy...

"Whatever she wants..." I am not offering to buy...just telling the server or bartender.

"Let me pay for whatever you want..." I am offering to buy with $10 bill if my drink is of equal value...you want expensive that's on you.

This modern society...equa lity is what it is....

If you never touch the drink...you never ordered it either...

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements