Advertisement

Author Topic: I gotta agree that the grass is greener on the other side when it comes to  (Read 1634 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1334
    • View Profile
...vehicles as I've owned over 20 autos and motorcycles over the past 3 decades. I find myself asking why they get it over there and not us in the states more often than not..The pick up truck below looks like my 93 Toy truck but but but.. it's a "Hilux".. ;D:

"Own A Legally-Imported 1992 Toyota Hilux Pickup

This is your chance to drive the legend"

The Toyota Hilux has been notoriously forbidden fruit in the United States pretty much since it was no longer sold here. Sure, we’ve had the Toyota Truck, Tacoma, and Tundra here, but the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, as they say. If you’ve always wanted a Hilux but thought getting one here would be too difficult, this could be your lucky day.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
There's a lot of really nice cars in Japan that they don't sell in the USA. 
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the more stringent USA safety regulations, sometimes it's just the demand for them is not there in the USA.

I'd love to get my wife this Honda electric car to drive around town but they won't be selling in the USA.  I really like the classic look.

I made you read this.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Many folks in the states want the Skyline but it's not available for sale here but it could be imported if one is willing to go through the hoops to import one:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I like to get my hands on a Honda Highlander but it's not available here..

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
I would like to get my hands on or modify a Tacoma that would take diesel.  I think the sound of that diesel is sexy.

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Many folks in the states want the Skyline but it's not available for sale here but it could be imported if one is willing to go through the hoops to import one:

Thought about importing that exact car, but I hate that the steering wheel is on the wrong side.  That's the only thing keeping me from getting it. 

I made you read this.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Thought about importing that exact car, but I hate that the steering wheel is on the wrong side.  That's the only thing keeping me from getting it.

I actually think the steering wheel being on the opposite side is unique and a plus. Also gotta learn to convert the KMPH to MPH if it's not labeled clearly or big enough.... ;D

Offline darkhelmet

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
I actually think the steering wheel being on the opposite side is unique and a plus. Also gotta learn to convert the KMPH to MPH if it's not labeled clearly or big enough.... ;D

It’s unique until you have to go through the drive-thrus.
Which, I do because I daily my cars.

It would be cool though. 

I made you read this.

Advertisements