Advertisement

Author Topic: Doing science in the kitchen  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Doing science in the kitchen
« on: July 08, 2020, 07:06:46 AM »
Cooking is a very scientific process:

Gotta use the recipe correctly or the mixes just won't turn out right.

Many people don't realize this and so we see lots of unhealthy and untasty stuff:

Handling foods with plain, ungloved hands--sweats and dirt from the hands blend with the foods,
Chopping cooked foods or ready veggies on the same board we have just chopped raw meats on--living bacteria,  etc. on the foods we're eating without further cooking,
Microwaving or warming foods in pots, plates or bowls that still have plastic covers on--chemicals drop from covers to foods,

Etc.

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
Re: Doing science in the kitchen
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 07:43:50 PM »
I used to try baking blueberry bread for the first time. Turn out okay. I bought correct stuffs to make it, but the oven is pretty outdated so I forgot to check and have it replace with new one. I didn't throw the bread away. I ate some and other halves I feed to the chickens.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Doing science in the kitchen
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 01:36:24 PM »
Oh, and this is very popular today:  Putting rice in sandwich bags.  That's a NO NO for me.  Instead, put them in small size styrofoam containers w/ lids.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements