Advertisement

Author Topic: How's the COVID-19 in your area?  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
How's the COVID-19 in your area?
« on: August 04, 2020, 12:30:06 PM »
In my area, it's increasing.  I live in the outskirts of town so I try to avoid going into town as much as possible.  A few Hmong people have contracted and died from the virus.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Re: How's the COVID-19 in your area?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 12:35:03 PM »
don't think anything of it but......for those that have the covid-19 and you go to the hospital.  are they actually helping you?  or are you a testing subject for a vaccine?  again, whatever your opinion is on this, don't think too much of the latter.  stay safe and be safe everyone.

Online hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 01:11:17 PM »
yes, it's increasing here too (wisconsin)
already lost a few hmong folks
this shyt is really real
die within a week too

hmong funeral are take out only
no more butchering cow and pig and cooking
small size too

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 07:03:01 PM »
At first, we did not know much about it so we all were on high alert.  It means you can not catch me walking past a stranger in public cuz we were that scared.  Then quarantine happens and we got tired of staying at home for a few.  We got relaxed and went out. 

We then got people who are with the conspiracy theory side that covid is fake and it is a push to knock trump out of office and blah blah blah.  Well guess what?  Those same people are the lucky few who lives out in the boonducks where the viruses are small in count and thus, they talk big like a redneck or a karen. 

Then we got those same folks finally caught the kung flu cuz they don't believe in it and walking in public without as mask on.  Either they get it or they finally know a family member or friend who has it.  Have their view change?  I dunno.  Courageous or stupidity? 

Then we got a spike as the holiday season came and gone.  We now know a few who has it and I personally know a friend's brother in the hospital, fighting for his life now.  My alert level is changing once again.  I'm on high alert and that includes no garage drinking party with the buddies.  I can't be relax anymore cuz it is now coming closer to home. 

You think it stopping me?  I just came back from a reno trip for crying out loud.  Lots of young cats were there though.  They too got no where to go for their summer break so reno they all going and jam packed up that resort.   I was chilling in my room for 80% of the time there.  NO fun right?  Well, I'm still on high alert so as much as I see lots of bikini looking females be walking around, I left them alone.  No flirting or getting close enough to say "how you doing" 

I want my fun too but at the same time, I'm killing my own fun.  It is not about health or wealth with me.  That's trump stuff.  It is about health and be at the fun but at the same time, chicken out and go home.     :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Online hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 09:50:03 PM »
Can’t eat goat and drink budlight this summer
Pretty sad man

Still no work
Not sure whats going on with my unemployment

God did not created man...man created god

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 10:20:19 PM »
Still going strong...

This pandemic is similar to past pandemics when it comes to stupid idiots...And I've pointed this out several times regarding some SHAMELESS people's stupidity, hypocrisies, and self-fishness "negative" attitude and behaviors..

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 11:46:54 AM »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 03:31:36 PM »
Still going strong...

This pandemic is similar to past pandemics when it comes to stupid idiots...And I've pointed this out several times regarding some SHAMELESS people's stupidity, hypocrisies, and self-fishness "negative" attitude and behaviors..
You won't be saying that anymore when happens to you or people you know.   

A dear person I know passed from Covid-19 and funeral is coming up.  Sad....the person was smiling, walking, full of life and now...gone.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 03:57:34 PM »
You won't be saying that anymore when happens to you or people you know.   

A dear person I know passed from Covid-19 and funeral is coming up.  Sad....the person was smiling, walking, full of life and now...gone.

I will if SHAMELESS people continue to act stupid like now wanting to wear masks or don't care about other members of society especially the elderly and the very young by taking advantage of them or hoarding things that those two groups needed the most..

That's how some behaved in past pandemics..

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 12:47:53 PM »
The number is increasing in my state and in my city, several Hmong families are going through at the moment.  Keeping my fingers crossed and praying for their well being. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 01:33:50 PM »
I already taken my flu shot last week and my work is giving out flu shots in October.  I'm not waiting that long.  I might be dead by then.

For all of us that are virgin to covid, do you even know or imagine what it will feel like having this nasty wuhan virus?  Last I heard, it is mutating again and will be tougher to fight.  You might not make it.  It all starts with a shortness of breath and hospitalizatio n and ventilation and next thing you know, your love ones are gonna plan for your funeral. 

I just buried a friend that is close to me like 2 weeks ago.  I'm no longer a virgin in that arena and as I stood there, looking at his coffin in the cemetery, I looked around to all the hmong cats there and I'm like....we all will take turns going through that death ritual of life.  We will all takes turn burying one another.  Covid is not the way to go.  It confuses everyone as we all cope with death by covid so differently. 

He was only 38, left behind a wife and 3 young children. 

mental health is on the rise.  It affects us all as we are forced to do what we don't normally do for all them years of our lives.  We have conditioned ourselves for all them years and in a short amount of time, we have changed that and it is affecting our mental health big time.  Heard suicide is up more than 50%. 

This is how we trace his case.  His inlaw has it.  His wife younger brother who is in college so he's been going around and that is setting himself up for covid.  Hmong do a lot of hmong parties and as an inlaw, he is always there.  As soon as the kid tested positive, my friend went into quarantine.  He caught the symptoms and got tested.  It came back positive.  A week later his got caught with shortness of breath.  Mind you, as a hmong, he's big and round like a bunch of you hmongs out there.  Underlying condition is what we don't know.  We don't know which part of our own underlying problems that it will attack.  Don't think you are healthy cuz non of us are and because of this unknown factor, we just do not know if we will get a mild or heavy case of covid. 

Anxiety is a fear.  I'm fearing as to how covid will feel like if I do get it.  Will I make it?  Will I pass it onto someone and they ended up dying?  Am I a murderer and how do I live with my life knowing that I killed someone else unintentionall y? 

At the funeral, everyone was wearing a mask except for one person.  That person is non other than the kid that started this whole charade.  He thought he got it, has the antibodies so he can not catches it again.  How can people think like this?  Your dumb azz just killed your brother in law, do you not recognized that?   Do you have any guilt or shame?  I was in no position to tell him plus it is a funeral so it is not a place to lay the blame and what not. 

Too many chit going on with covid and how it affect our lives and too little time to write it.  I can literally write a movie about it and can attack it from all sorts of angles.  I get so exhausted about it that I tuned out over the weekend and that means no tv, no news, no social media where covid is still the talk of the town.  I need to stop reading onto it but it will then be a fallacy that I'm going through, pretending that it doesn't exist and hoping it may go away.  I too have a mental illness.  By the way, the kaydoo that won america got talent won it as a poet.  For the first time in the show history, a talent winner is won from a poet.  Black poet is rap music.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 07:39:38 PM »
Yes. The problem is really with American and their attitude towards the virus. They act as if it's the common flu and a conspiracy. If I was living alone, I probably felt more safe but having to live with multiple family members, it is a major concern since there's more risks involved.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2020, 10:11:38 PM »
My heart is heavy tonight.  Another person I  know succumb to Covid-19. 

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 02:42:02 AM »

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I will be leaving the great Walter Reed Medical Center today at 6:30 P.M. Feeling really good! Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!
11:37 AM · Oct 5, 2020

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2020, 08:03:24 AM »
How's the COVID-19 in your area?

It’s increasing but we’re very cautious when we go anywhere.  I know some people who’ve already contracted it, but are better now.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Advertisements