Advertisement

Author Topic: Wish I can just be that guy  (Read 169 times)

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
Wish I can just be that guy
« on: August 05, 2020, 06:53:47 AM »
who goes to work, gets the job done, and come home without having to talk to anyone...haha

maybe i need to be more unfriendly looking..lols have a more stern facial expression...i n my years of working it never cease to surprise me how socially demanding people can be...nothing wrong with it, but in this day n age i just don't like the idea of getting too close or comfortable with people no mo..haha its more like you see these people every day, you might as well..hahah from my experience, dramas are bound to happen when that happens...lols it was never a natural bond....it's not like two strangers shopping for shoes and just happen to strike a friendly conversation..

keep work professional.. .you can still fill in that social void by keeping it work related folks..otherwi se, our future doesn't look so bright if everyone just want to be stuck in high school for their entire work life...lols

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Wish I can just be that guy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 10:49:07 PM »
I need to be more grateful to have such a wonderful group of co-workers. I guess some of my past jobs still haunts me...lols some people are great as people, but as workers, just horrible...lol s

I still like to keep a grey area between me and my co-workers...but i'd still try to show them I'm always a team player...haha

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 05:35:47 AM »
Here's the thing when I used to work for Wells Fargo.  The boss and coworkers would be like, let's go out for drinks afterwards.  That's fine for you folks that don't have family and kids to raise, you can afford that night out lifestyle.  I don't and don't wish to do so.  That's why they suddenly hate me.  Sorry, I don't know you folks aside from being sort of lousy workers that breach several violations of privacy and trust.  That's how corporate work werks....

I suppose I should work more on being part of the social lops, but hard to change a tiger's stripes.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 11:07:04 PM »
i read somewhere that 50 years from now, introverts will outnumber extroverts...i'm like cool, that means humans are only getting smarter...lols

Online jennamt

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 05:28:39 PM »
I bet you're one of those people who others pour their heart out to without you asking because you have a kind vibe.

I've had good experiences looking friendly and being nice: upgrades, discounts, freebies.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • NRUS MAS
  • Respect: +462
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 06:09:24 PM »
Here's the thing when I used to work for Wells Fargo.  The boss and coworkers would be like, let's go out for drinks afterwards.  That's fine for you folks that don't have family and kids to raise, you can afford that night out lifestyle.  I don't and don't wish to do so.  That's why they suddenly hate me.  Sorry, I don't know you folks aside from being sort of lousy workers that breach several violations of privacy and trust.  That's how corporate work werks....

I suppose I should work more on being part of the social lops, but hard to change a tiger's stripes.

I have seen both sides of the spectrum.  You guys heard of my janitor coworker that I kept talking about awhile back.  Well he is like you.  He goes to work and kept things to himself.  We have annual company parties and department get together.  The guy attended none.  They find him as an outcast and so they made it tough for him to work.  They wrote it up for errors that was not his.  He retaliated to HR and nothing was done out of it cuz HR is not on the people's side like always.  He ended up quitting. 

I also know a former employee, a curry guy who eats by himself in the large lunch room.  He and I were the only 2 males in the whole 2nd shift.  We production workers and the rest are all females and you know how female likes to gossip and what not.  He told me that he was able to work there for 25 years due to him being anti social to his female's coworkers.  It works out well for him because he distances himself from everyone else at work and in the real world.

I have my own policy when it comes to work.  Any work related social gathering inside and outside of work, I do attend.  It is not because I loved to attend but a must due to an unspoken rules about work politics.  It it is like dayam if you do and dayam if  you dont so might as well do it and get it out of the way.  In this way, the social dynamic will still be kept at at work.  I do kept something that is dearly to me though and that is to be a mysterious guy.  No one at work knows about my personal life and what I do for fun outside of work.  No one knows if I have a wife, a gf or kids.  No one needs to know and that is how I survived at work.  Just like PH, yall don't need to know about me but if yall wants to talk about your life and kids and what not, I'm down to listen but yall will never know about my personal life unless I'm down to feed yall with them information. 

It is this balance that works well for me.  You can't go extreme on one end of the spectrum and not expect for consequences to happen.  You just got to learn how to play it smarts.  Book smarts vs street smarts.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Online jennamt

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 07:38:10 PM »
I have seen both sides of the spectrum.  You guys heard of my janitor coworker that I kept talking about awhile back.  Well he is like you.  He goes to work and kept things to himself.  We have annual company parties and department get together.  The guy attended none.  They find him as an outcast and so they made it tough for him to work.  They wrote it up for errors that was not his.  He retaliated to HR and nothing was done out of it cuz HR is not on the people's side like always.  He ended up quitting. 

I also know a former employee, a curry guy who eats by himself in the large lunch room.  He and I were the only 2 males in the whole 2nd shift.  We production workers and the rest are all females and you know how female likes to gossip and what not.  He told me that he was able to work there for 25 years due to him being anti social to his female's coworkers.  It works out well for him because he distances himself from everyone else at work and in the real world.

I have my own policy when it comes to work.  Any work related social gathering inside and outside of work, I do attend.  It is not because I loved to attend but a must due to an unspoken rules about work politics.  It it is like dayam if you do and dayam if  you dont so might as well do it and get it out of the way.  In this way, the social dynamic will still be kept at at work.  I do kept something that is dearly to me though and that is to be a mysterious guy.  No one at work knows about my personal life and what I do for fun outside of work.  No one knows if I have a wife, a gf or kids.  No one needs to know and that is how I survived at work.  Just like PH, yall don't need to know about me but if yall wants to talk about your life and kids and what not, I'm down to listen but yall will never know about my personal life unless I'm down to feed yall with them information. 

It is this balance that works well for me.  You can't go extreme on one end of the spectrum and not expect for consequences to happen.  You just got to learn how to play it smarts.  Book smarts vs street smarts.   O0

I totally agree with you on this. I would say in my career, about 75% of my promotions have been because of my work relationship with my colleagues and managers. You don't have to share your life story with them but you should be approachable. People tend to be more lenient with others who aren't hiding away. On the other hand, I've been in positions where I had to make decisions on who to let go and who to advance, and although I look at skillsets and quality of work, I also look for if they mesh well with others as I work in a collabortive environment. However, it is one thing to be outgoing and extroverted and another to be so and not get things done. If you rather be a social butterfly at work without meeting your goals, I would rather give someone else the chance. That's just my two cents.

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 11:15:02 AM »
usually the supervisor or big boss has leverage of how they want to set the tone in the work environment/culture/atmosphere...but me, wherever i go, i pretty much is in charge...haha I might not rank higher than the actual big boss physically, but spiritually, i'm on another level....i am the matrix...haha j/k....

i don't stay at a job too long if I don't get along with the big boss or supervisor or manage or whatever..haha but I also been to jobs where I pretty much won over the owner's respect over their current manageer or big boss...haha but i'm just hard working, i have the right mind set, and overall just smarter, more likeable..I don't intend or have any desire to climb ladders, but sometimes you just stand out..hahaha and always humble...i have the power to move mountains...ha ha

anyway, what i learn is, the best way to go about fitting in, is just be normal..be a moderate performer...do n't be too friendly, but the same time, don't be too private...be a good liar, it's necessary in life...everyon e does it, everyone puts a front...haha

If I'm being all business...I'm the guy everyone is gonna try to push out and make me quit...they don't wanna see me succeed...haha its just fuking human nature, so sometimes, you have to be the Villainous Hero, righ Villainous hero?? haha

but I don't care much with my current job. I never care to climb ladders actually...but maybe that's where i'm mistaken...whe n the good guys and good gals don't step up, the bad guys/gals will....and when that happens, our economy is the way it is today...work site violence, killings, people complaining about poor customer service....our police force losing morale, our politicians too....

there is a time, the good guys gonna have to retake the throne...hahah

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 11:40:09 AM »
I almost forgot, funny ass story happened a few weeks back...I was waiting in line at a bank. For some reason, they have on some pretty loud music...The older lady in front of me turns back and whisper just loud enough so i can hear and understand her, "isn't the music a little too loud"

I responded, "yes, I think it is"....then the black guy in back of me blurted out "this is some unprofesional shit man, straight white boy music too"....

and right when he said it, i suppose the flamboyant fun looking bank manager walked by and must have heard...2 minutes later, the music was turned down to a professional level..but i think that's first time I walked into a bank and it sounded like a party..haha maybe some intrumentals, but lyrical music that might be inappropriate to some or just very uhhh "white boy" sounding and on quite high...haha come on man...common sense....a very soft spoken person would have to yell through the bullet proof glass shield just so the teller can hear them..haha

Advertisements