Advertisement

Author Topic: Did some horse riding, been a long time but like riding bike, it all comes back  (Read 581 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
So a co-worker invited me to go horseback riding. I told him I haven't ridden a horse in like 20 years so we started slow and it's still all about the rein. Felt a little strange at first but like what they say about riding a bike, once you've learned how to ride, you never lose it. Sure enough, my horse riding experience came back and it's all good after that  O0:

Sandals are not ideal but at least mine covers my toes and the straps are solid so good enough  ;D:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
I have not rode on an animal since the younger days in Laos with the water buffaloes.

I was offered to ride the horse a long time ago but was scared lol

Like this post: +1
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I have not rode on an animal since the younger days in Laos with the water buffaloes.

I was offered to ride the horse a long time ago but was scared lol

I've never ridden water buffaloes but have seen plenty of Laotian farmers on it.

What's it like? Do you feel unstable? How comfortable was it?  ???

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
The only two animals I've ridden is horse and camel but if given the chance, I wouldn't mind trying these  O0:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
ProudLao mentioned about being "scared". It's natural to be apprehensive as it's a big live animal. Since it's a live animal, always build the relationship on trust. I've never met the horse I rode recently but I did my best to earned her trust but talking to her in a calm voice while gently stroking her hair in the neck and shoulder areas following the directions of the hair. Don't stroke against the hair directions because it can be uncomfortable for horses.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I've never ridden water buffaloes but have seen plenty of Laotian farmers on it.

What's it like? Do you feel unstable? How comfortable was it?  ???

I was young so I didn't think too much about it. It was comfortable to me. They work hard on the field so we didn't ride them too much.

Theravada

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
ProudLao mentioned about being "scared". It's natural to be apprehensive as it's a big live animal. Since it's a live animal, always build the relationship on trust. I've never met the horse I rode recently but I did my best to earned her trust but talking to her in a calm voice while gently stroking her hair in the neck and shoulder areas following the directions of the hair. Don't stroke against the hair directions because it can be uncomfortable for horses.

My dad tried to get me to ride an elephant once and I immediately started to cry so I didn't get a chance. Those animals are huge.

Theravada

Advertisements