Advertisement

Author Topic: Late night thoughts  (Read 450 times)

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Late night thoughts
« on: August 25, 2020, 11:06:40 AM »
'Cause some things we keep to ourselves, so we bury them deep within our hearts.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 02:56:28 AM by wallflower »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Late night thoughts
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 11:08:32 AM »

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 10:37:14 AM »
When was the last time I didn't feel so f*cking tired? Is this all just a part of growing old, or is it just that my soul feels weary?

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 10:54:28 AM »
On facebook, I saw some MTV clips of people meeting up again after one person ghosted the other.

I understand the person being ghosted wanting closure, but in truth I don't believe anything but more questions and pain came from them meeting up again.

If someone wants nothing to do with you, there's nothing you as a person can do to change that. You can't make people be your friend. You can't make people love you.

Sometimes you disappoint people. Sometimes people disappoint you. It hurts. If reconciliation was possible, the person who ghosted you would have never ghosted you in the first place.

Being ghosted sucks. Grieve if you need to, but try to let go and move on. Don't let the pain be a cage for you.

(And if you're wondering in all three cases the guys ghosted the girls. The first guy just got tired of the girl and didn't want to deal with her anymore. The second guy said the girl was a sex addict and wanted sex too much. ;D She went crazy on him for saying that. The third case involved two best friends. The gay best friend ghosted his female bestie. This one was probably the most heartbreaking one because the girl was in so much pain. She couldn't understand why he had ghosted her. As it turned out, after she broke up with her boyfriend, the gay bestie hooked up with her ex for about two months. He felt guilty about it so he ghosted her...during which time she found out she was pregnant and had a baby. I can't remember if it was the ex-bf's baby or not, but she was crying like her heart was breaking. 😔 Ignorance is bliss.  :-\)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 02:48:34 AM by wallflower »

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 12:42:11 PM »
Some days are better than others.

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 10:41:14 AM »
The weekend is almost upon us.

This year has just flown by. I can't believe it's September already. I need to remind myself of how lucky I am, and to enjoy life.

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 08:57:32 AM »
Mulan.....I was pretty excited to watch this movie.

After I watched it, I thought I enjoyed it, but the more I think about it, the more I don't.

I don't blame the actors, as I've seen them in other movies, so I know they can act. I blame the script writers and director for writing and putting together a poor movie.

I'll start off with the magical aspect of the movie. First of all, I'm fine with Mushu not being the movie. However, they added a phoenix which contributed nothing to the story. Mulan appeared to be the only person who could see the phoenix throughout the movie. The only thing the phoenix did was lead Mulan out of the valley when she got lost. The phoenix may or may not have also brought her back to life after the witch "killed" her. Which brings me to the witch. Why was there a need for the witch to be in the movie? She added nothing to the movie. First of all, the witch was clearly shown to have magical powers, and could have easily taken out the Rourans. Why was she siding with them? They had nothing on her. She was upset because she was made an outcast due to her qi? She wanted to become empress? Ok? She could have easily flown into the imperial palace, killed the emperor and either taken his shape OR declare herself empress. I mean, come on! She easily flew into the palace and took the shape of the palace official. ::) The very worst part was how she died. She could shapeshift into animals and knew how to use weapons but she threw herself in front of the arrow!? Why couldn't she have thrown a damn weapon or changed into the damn flock of birds to knock the arrow away?

Next thing that annoyed me. The emperor declared that one man from each family (all over China) be sent to prepare for battle/war against the Rourans. Why were there so few men at the camp!? Also, shouldn't there have been men from Mulan's village who were also there? What's more, you're telling me that in the battle scene where the 5th battalion is meeting the Rouran army, that's it!? You have a big budget, but you couldn't hire anyone with knowledge of Chinese history to figure out how a battle scene would look like? The Chinese army should already have tens of thousands of soldiers ready for battle. Then you add in the men recruited from villages....I was expecting the army to look like in Lord of the Rings.

Moving on to fight scenes....I was expecting great cinematography ....Like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or Hero. Instead, it was all meh. These sorts of scenes were what I was expecting from Mulan, but it may have been too much to expect from an American director.

https://youtu.be/p9keMBIyPnA

https://youtu.be/Cpxv-wrMz0s

https://youtu.be/_fx12_FLtsc

Next, the qi. Everyone has qi, so why weren't soldiers taught how to harvest/build up their qi!? Wouldn't it have been useful in fighting the Rourans!? Mulan knew how to use qi, so why couldn't she have taught her fellow soldiers how to use it. (Thus developing all their abilities while creating a stronger bond between them.)

I'll end with Mulan. Her character never really evolved. At the beginning of the movie, she's seen to be full of qi, and quite nimble. At the end of the movie, she was gaining back some of the qi she had hidden away BUT she still wasn't as good as in the beginning of the movie (in my opinion). She never went through a transformation . Some people may take it as when she took off the armor and accepted herself as Mulan, that was it...But that was anticlimatic for me.

My conclusion: The Chinese would have made a better Mulan (Disney) movie. If you are going with magic in the movie, make it magic. If not, make it historical with no magic. Don't try to take the middle road.

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 09:04:04 AM »
I'm trying to maintain a healthier lifestyle.

The past few nights, I've been getting really bad headaches that last hours at a time. I'm told it might be from sugar withdrawal.  :-\

Per usual, I'm tired as hell. Maybe I'll be able to fall asleep early tonight for a change.

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 08:35:24 AM »
Made myself go see the doctor. I received a roll of meds. I'm not sure if they'll do much, but I did knock out early last night. Of course, that ended with me waking up around 3 am.  :-\

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 09:29:37 AM »

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +287
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 10:10:20 AM »

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 02:55:34 PM »
That's too depressing.

I suppose the only way I can respond is by saying, "Life aint all sunshine and rainbows."

I enjoy the song more for the idea of taking a song from our time period and transforming it into a song you might hear from the medieval period.

Was there cause to cast me off?
Act as though it never happened and we were nothing.
In sooth I do not need thy love,
But thou makest me a stranger and that feels so rough.

I can imagine sitting at an inn in medieval times listening to a minstrel play this song.

https://youtu.be/cRIfsFefatg

I also enjoy this version of Pumped up Kicks.  :D ;D

All ye bully-rooks with your buskin boots
Best ye go, best ye go, outrun my bow
All ye bully-rooks with your buskin boots
Best ye go, best ye go, faster than mine arrow.

It's still as catchy as the original to me.  :D

----

I know I'm not alone in this thought, but I miss traveling. Having said that, I realize how lucky to be where I am, so I've got to try not to whine or complain.

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 11:08:53 AM »
We've been making the most of the weekends. We made it to the beach and the mountains this weekend.  :)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +125
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 11:19:27 AM »
When was the last time I didn't feel so f*cking tired? Is this all just a part of growing old, or is it just that my soul feels weary?

I feel ya'.

Sometimes you've got to treat Life like a chalk board and wipe it clean and start anew. Everyday if you have to. Some things are worth burdening yourself with. But others, like those in the past or those you have no control over, need not burden thee.

Just my interjection.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:18:49 AM by lexicon »

Offline wallflower

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 12:16:07 PM »
I feel ya'.

Sometimes you've got to treat Life like a chalk board and wipe it clean and start anew. Everyday if you have to. Some things are worth burdening yourself with. But others, like those in the past or those you have no control over, need not burden thee.

Just my intejection.

You're right. Every day is a new day. No use stressing over things we can't control.

---

Where does all the time go?

Advertisements