Advertisement

Author Topic: What was Jesus guilty of?  (Read 590 times)

TheAfterLife

What was Jesus guilty of?
« on: September 03, 2020, 04:29:43 PM »
Quote: "Instead of leading with the conviction for blasphemy, Caiaphas claimed that Jesus was guilty of sedition. Jesus, Caiaphas said, thought himself, or his followers thought, or people said that he was the King of the Jews. This was a capital crime against Rome and Pilate had to deal with it whether he wanted to or not."

In bold, yes. The Holy Trinity doesn't abide human laws and human culture. It is on its own with its influence around His people.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: What was Jesus guilty of?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 05:50:19 PM »
In the OT, they sacrifice lambs.

In the NT, he is the lamb of god, who takes away the sins of the world.

IF it is predetermined, why is there even guilt?  You know he saw his own death at a very young age and got frighten.  Obviously, if he's god, he is a know it all and can see it all.

Mark 8:31

31Then he began to teach them that the Son of Man must undergo great suffering, and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

it must be done for the fulfillment of the scripture.  Everyone is an actor in his story.  If it is so then no one is at fault?  We weren't even born yet so how can our sins be hung on that cross? 

Unless, it is for all mankind.  Past, present and future

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 11:59:53 PM »
Here's what Jesus speak of ....

https://youtu.be/WLtiTU90mUA?t=6630

The interval in movie clip 1:50:30 - 1:52:06

Jesus: The Laws of Moses only written on stones.
Hebrew man #1: You Just can't change the law of Moses!
Jesus: God wants to write the laws in your heart.
Hebrew man #2: Rabbi, you said you come here to bring good news. Is this a good news?
Jesus: The good news is this ... Your captivity is over. The captivity in sins. God fulfilled the promises to people of Israel and reconcile himself to men. God is coming to you. To all of you even most wretched ones too... and don't shut the door on his face.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 01:17:01 AM »
Both Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons tried to persuade me that "baptize in water and attend the church" only way to salvation.
I smile and shook my head "NO". Then I brought up the passage from the bible and told them this...

John 3:1-8
3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Not even Nicodemus and Caiaphas understood what the passage means neither.

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 12:20:53 AM »
Random guy: knock knock
Jesus: [peek through peephole]
Random guy: knock knock 2nd time
Jesus: what do ya want?
Random guy: I want in.
Jesus:  ???
Camel: [Walks in]
Random guy: WTF! How come that camel get to go in, not me?
Jesus: Well, that camel have nothing except obedience and you on other hand have so many possessions plus you only care about yourself

Matthew 19:16-24
16 And behold, a man came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?” 17 And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 20 The young man said to him, “All these I have kept. What do I still lack?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” 22 When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

23 And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

Advertisements