Advertisement

Author Topic: Speaking of "climate change", electric cars like Tesla, Leaf, etc. could help  (Read 319 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...save lives and billions of dollars in health cost  ???:

How would Americans' health improve if all cars were electric?

America's air would become remarkably cleaner if the country accelerated its transition to electric cars that don't rely on fossil fuels, the American Lung Association said in a new report Tuesday.

A full transition to electric cars by 2040 would also result in fewer deaths, asthma attacks, heart attacks, strokes and other health problems related to air pollution, said William Barrett, director of clean air advocacy for the American Lung Association and lead author of the "Road to Clean Air" report.

"Our report is grounded in a scenario wherein electric vehicles account for 100% of new passenger vehicle sales by 2040, and of heavy duty truck sales by 2045, with heavy duty vehicle classes advancing along the way," he said.

"Through a scenario like this, we could virtually eliminate on-road emissions of smog-forming nitrogen oxide, fine particle pollution and greenhouse gas emissions," Barrett continued. "Based on this scenario, the pollution reduced in 2050 alone could yield up to 6,300 avoided premature deaths, 93,000 avoided asthma attacks, 416,000 avoided lost work days and many additional health impacts avoided."

Electric cars have become steadily more popular in the United States, with nearly 1.2 million on the road in 2019, according to the Edison Electric Institute, an industry group. However, they still represent fewer than 2% of all cars sold in the United States.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 05:40:41 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I hope we will see it when we are still alive.  That is like only 20 years later.  IF it was 40 years later, I don't think my chance of being alive to see that day happen.

That one day in the bay when we had our sky looking like mars.  If that was a natural phenomenon then I'm sure a mandate to end all gas/diesel driven vehicles right away. 

It takes a great catastrophe to make changes.   

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
How bout filling up that pool with dirt?
Cali is in a drought

Lead by example

Or STFU

God did not created man...man created god

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I hope we will see it when we are still alive.  That is like only 20 years later.  IF it was 40 years later, I don't think my chance of being alive to see that day happen.

That one day in the bay when we had our sky looking like mars.  If that was a natural phenomenon then I'm sure a mandate to end all gas/diesel driven vehicles right away. 

It takes a great catastrophe to make changes.   

Unfortunately some still don't believe in science and its research based studies...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
How bout filling up that pool with dirt?
Cali is in a drought

Lead by example

Or STFU

And this is why other neutral PH members called him out on his "reading" issues as well as his "negative" behaviors...

NOT surprised though.. ;D

Advertisements