Advertisement

Author Topic: Bought rims for wife's car from a Nigerian and it reminded me of Hmong families  (Read 370 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..I've encountered in the past.

I want to replace my wife's car's OE chrome rims with standard OE alloy rims because it's lighter. Saw an ad on Craigslist and contacted the seller. Set up a time to meet up and then went to the bank to withdraw the cash amount needed. When I arrived, he already left his home to go take care of some other business according to his oldest daughter. He also left his 5 kids with grandma so grandma was home but unfortunately, grandma doesn't speak English nor can she count American dollars based on her body language and facial expression. The oldest of the 5 kids is 7 years old and can speak "a little" English. I broke the money down in simple form so the she can understand and asked her to let her grandma know that the money is for the wheels.

It's been over a week and haven't heard from the seller so the money must've made it to his wallet in one piece  ???:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's a photo taken at the largest Chevron gas station of wife's car with the OEM Toyota chrome rims that it came with when it was new..Will be swapping it with the lighter OEM Toyota alloy rims I bought from the Nigerian guy soon  O0:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Very shiny when we drove wife's new car off the Toyota dealership lot years ago, looked like the one in the stock photo below but it's time for a change due to wear and tear over the years and more importantly weight saving purposes.. ;D:

Advertisements