Advertisement

Author Topic: The Prerequisites For Dragon Slayer  (Read 467 times)

Offline wfuuopy

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
The Prerequisites For Dragon Slayer
« on: October 05, 2020, 08:11:04 PM »
It is ok for Runescape to give proper warnings (e.g. Danger! You're about to RuneScape gold enter an area using a high-level monster!) , these can serve a practical purpose in receiving the participant's focus (the warnings can even be toggled off). The new guards into the Runescape safe area are entirely useless for gamers with level >60, and they also now provide a completely unnecessary, new, deterrent to running.

A participant runs around us and asks for food. He had been trying to finish Dragon Slayer. Someone on the dock fished/cooked 22 lobsters for him. While doing this, we asked his stats. His answer was (roughly ) level 40 assault, 40 strength, 40 defense, very low level ranged&magic, 15 prayer. I remember reading about exactly what att/str/def level you should be at, and exactly what armor/food/supplies you need to bring, so I advised him that too wearing a (rune total ) helmet could be good if he was likely to face Elvarg. However, the man went directly for the combat with Elvarg. I ceased fishing and chose to watch the fight. (Aside: Here's approximately what I defeated Elvarg with. Be aware I was not quite curious about Runescape quests once I played, therefore I probably could have attempted the Dragon Slayer quest sooner than I did... Strike 41, Strength 55, Defense 45, prayer 43. Two strength potions, sacred emblem, 26 lobsters, rune longsword, full rune helm, rune chainbody, rune platelegs, regular boots, security gauntlets, anti-dragonfire shield. I attracted armor/supplies close to exactly what Sal's website urges. I'd suggest the very same armor/supplies to anybody hoping to conquer Elvarg, except an amulet of power instead of the sacred emblem, and a rune scimitar in place of the rune longsword).

The guy did a fantastic job of defeating Elvarg! He didn't turn on prayer at all. (Aside: I recall Elvarg being tough to defeat. The weird thing is, for each of the higher att/str/def/prayer/armor I had, it seemed like he had an easier battle against Elvarg than that did. I know that it is probably because I wasn't facing the dragonfire myself, that it seemed easier when he fought with the dragon than once I did. : ) Kudos to him for a job well done. I guess the prerequisites for Dragon Slayer aren't as elevated as I thought?

(2) I wasn't wearing any armor while fishing at Musa Point. When the man headed for the volcano, I did not have the time to run to the bank and find some armor. So I just went . I ran past it followed me. I was busy seeing the guy fight Elvarg, but I did have auto-retaliate on. I kept a watch on what was going on about me while watching the struggle against Elvarg. I managed to conquer the Lesser Demon with kicking. The Elvarg fight was not yet completed, along with a sword decided it wanted to fight me, so I conquered the skeleton with auto-retaliate kicking, too. I hadn't before tried to defeat a Lesser Demon by minding - it was a good experience.

Which F2P creature gives the very best total loot? *NOT* the most valuable single thing drop, but the maximum value over a long session of defeating the said given creature? I've seen a number of people choose level 83 cockroach soldiers at the Stronghold of Player Safety. Therefore a member finding the cockroach soldiers provide excellent drops, that rs 2007 gold doesn't count as a good F2P drop (that's a P2P drop).

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
Re: The Prerequisites For Dragon Slayer
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 08:19:07 PM »
Video game?  ;D

Like this post: 0
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements