Advertisement

Author Topic: This is what you call stand your ground with integrity even money couldn't sway  (Read 225 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..his principles  O0:

Bruce Lee’s Daughter Publishes Letter He Sent to Warner Bros. During ‘Enter the Dragon’ Clash

Bruce Lee’s letter reads: “I am sure you agree with me that quality, extreme hard work, and professionalis m is what cinema is all about. My twenty years of experience, both in martial arts and acting has led to the successful harmony of showmanship and genuine, efficient, artful expression. In short, this is it, and ain’t nobody knows it like I know it. Pardon my bluntness, but that is me! You see, my obsession is to make, pardon the expression, the f—ingest action motion picture that has ever been made. In closing, I will give you my heart, but please do not give me your head only. In return, I, Bruce Lee, will always feel the deepest appreciation for the intensity of your involvement.”

The letter did not solve Bruce Lee’s problems, as the actor refused to show up to set on the first day of filming after discovering the producers were not using any of his script changes. As Shannon writes, “He knew that if he didn’t take a stand, he would be marginalized over and over again by people who ‘knew better.'”

A two-week standoff between Bruce Lee and the production ensued. Shannon Lee writes that the producers “created cover-up stories about how my father was so nervous about being in a Hollywood movie and being a failure that he was terrified to show up to set.” Lee refused to give in, and finally Warner Bros. demanded the producers use Lee’s script changes so that production could resume.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements