Advertisement

Author Topic: He's just a little Asian guy @ 5'5" and 115 pound but he's also a Monster??  (Read 410 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Japan's unbeaten 'Monster' defends title in Vegas debut

Japan's unbeaten Naoya Inoue, known as "Monster" for his devastating punching power, risks two world welterweight titles Saturday in his Las Vegas debut against Australia's Jason Moloney.

The 12-round showdown inside a quarantine bubble at the MGM Grand ends a 51-week layoff for Inoue (19-0 with 16 knockouts) and sends Moloney (21-1 with 18 knockouts) back into the ring only four months after his fourth early stoppage victory in a row.

Inoue united the International Boxing Federation and World Boxing Association crowns last November by winning the World Boxing Super Series final over Filipino star Nonito Donaire by unanimous decision after dispatching four prior foes in less than three rounds.

"It's not that I'm always going to knock out my opponents," Inoue told fight telecaster ESPN. "I want to show that kind of fighting as well, but I don't believe that's what boxing is all about. I want to show all my techniques and abilities."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Never heard of him. Congrats to him.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I don't really follow the smaller guys but he's 20-0 now and another KO win. He is being labeled as the next Pacqaiuo... ???:

Advertisements