Advertisement

Author Topic: Agree, this is the Porsche to get  (Read 20 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +847
    • View Profile
Agree, this is the Porsche to get
« on: November 10, 2020, 05:17:44 PM »
..if you want to experience what real driving skill is in a real sports car like this Porsche. Sure it may be a bit slower than the automatic version but driving a real manual is more rewarding for us "stick" enthusiasts.. O0:

The Manual 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S Is the One to Get

A manual-transmission 992 Carrera S is a second slower to 60 mph. It's also proof that numbers aren't everything.

...A nearly perfect gearbox, a six-speed manual made solely with driver experience in mind, went into the 911 R and 991.2 GT3. The learnings from that box were transferred to the 992 and its reworked seven-speed manual. It's only available on the Carrera S and Targa S models, and it's a revelation. GT3 levels of good.

That immediacy, that mechanical connection, changes everything. It got me with the first release of the clutch, a firm pedal that feels attached to history. It inspires the ultimate in driver appreciation. The lever's snick-snick into each gear was so direct and satisfying that I shifted far more than I had to, snagging random downshifts around town just to rev-match, relishing even imperfect shifts.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements