Advertisement

Author Topic: Help - my package is stuck in USPS Regional Distribution Center  (Read 1417 times)

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Help - my package is stuck in USPS Regional Distribution Center
« on: November 18, 2020, 10:08:45 PM »
Has anybody experience this before especially in the notorious Elk Grove Village, IL Distribution Center? I have a package that was supposed to get back to me in 2-3days. It contains important documents and passport and I need them immediately. It arrived and went thru sorting on Nov. 5, 2020. It repeatedly generates "Process Exception" alerts despite my countless intervention and complaint submissions. It is now, Nov. 18, 2020, and still stuck in circulation. I've completely lost trust in the USPS to resolve the problem and need to take matters into my own hands. Does anyone know if it's possible for them to kick it out of distribution and have a local post office or the police hold onto them for pick up? I'm already out of thousands of dollars for travel and medical facility. I'm ready to throw a tantrum to get the police and medias attention as a last resort for USPS extremely poor service and negligence. I've never had this much grief and anger.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: Help - my package is stuck in USPS Regional Distribution Center
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 10:10:36 PM »
i use to do retail work
you will need to contact the seller/sender

they (seller/sender) will than file a dispute with USPS

hope that helps you  O0

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 10:19:07 PM »
it's the holiday too

so if your package has a shipping date between 5-7 business days
expected the whole 7 business day

;D

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 10:20:15 PM »
I'm the payer for the package and self address to ship to myself. They're just neglecting their duties and my local Post Office can't seem to be able to do anything but actually covers up for them. I can't afford anymore delays at this point. My package was before the holiday. No excuses or exceptions! The place is a hell hole, according to the reviews any shipment that goes thru Elk Grove Village, IL Distribution has a 60-70% chances of going missing or extremely long delays. Nothing gets done to fix the place.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 10:23:05 PM by nightrider »

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 10:29:25 PM »
I'm the payer for the package and self address to ship to myself.

you are the buyer, you pay shipping and have it sent to your house.
you will need to contact the seller/sender
so they can resent another replacement order

for exampe:  if you buy stuff from amazon and it don't arrived. you will need to contact amazon
they will sent you another replacement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 02:16:17 AM »
I feel the same way as nightrider does. I'm also waiting for my item, office chair, that I ordered from its company in Atlanta, Georgia. I keep hearing from FedEx that my item was delayed due to intense flood and hurricane weather. Actually my item end up in state of Illinois. 
Why don't they just fly my items in a plane instead of delivery truck. That'll be much eaiser.  ::)

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 08:24:21 AM »
Former logistics manager here.

It's there until the courier, in this case the USPS, processes the parcel for release and delivery. And as far as we've seen in the news, the USPS has purposefully slowed down work to a crawl. You are sol at this point. There's nothing you can do at this point. Maybe file a claim afterwards? Best of luck.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 04:16:16 PM »
Has anybody experience this before especially in the notorious Elk Grove Village, IL Distribution Center? I have a package that was supposed to get back to me in 2-3days. It contains important documents and passport and I need them immediately. It arrived and went thru sorting on Nov. 5, 2020. It repeatedly generates "Process Exception" alerts despite my countless intervention and complaint submissions. It is now, Nov. 18, 2020, and still stuck in circulation. I've completely lost trust in the USPS to resolve the problem and need to take matters into my own hands. Does anyone know if it's possible for them to kick it out of distribution and have a local post office or the police hold onto them for pick up? I'm already out of thousands of dollars for travel and medical facility. I'm ready to throw a tantrum to get the police and medias attention as a last resort for USPS extremely poor service and negligence. I've never had this much grief and anger.

Used to work with USPS's collection unit back in the 90s..back then customers are allowed to pick up their package from the distribution centers in my area. If it's not too far away, call or go there in person to see if they can help you.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 08:29:56 PM »
I feel the same way as nightrider does. I'm also waiting for my item, office chair, that I ordered from its company in Atlanta, Georgia. I keep hearing from FedEx that my item was delayed due to intense flood and hurricane weather. Actually my item end up in state of Illinois. 
Why don't they just fly my items in a plane instead of delivery truck. That'll be much eaiser.  ::)

It's Fedex so you should be able to do something about it like taking matters into your own hand and go get it yourself. For my case, I can't do anything and it's at their mercy while its still at the distribution center. This is what happen to my package,

November 19, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

November 17, 2020, 1:36 am
Processing Exception
ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

November 16, 2020, 12:59 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

November 16, 2020, 11:57 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
CHICAGO IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

November 15, 2020, 9:21 pm

November 15, 2020, 8:09 pm

November 15, 2020, 4:10 pm
Processing Exception

November 13, 2020, 9:01 pm
Processing Exception

November 12, 2020, 4:03 pm
Processing Exception

November 12, 2020, 4:00 pm
Processing Exception

November 12, 2020, 12:03 pm
Processing Exception

November 12, 2020, 8:34 am
Processing Exception

November 12, 2020, 8:20 am
Processing Exception

November 12, 2020, 3:42 am
Processing Exception

November 12, 2020, 3:08 am
Processing Exception

November 12, 2020, 2:18 am
Processing Exception

November 12, 2020, 2:00 am
Processing Exception

November 8, 2020, 10:20 pm
Processing Exception

November 8, 2020, 8:35 pm

November 8, 2020, 7:42 pm

November 8, 2020, 1:15 am

November 8, 2020, 12:42 am

November 7, 2020, 12:02 pm

November 5, 2020, 12:46 pm

November 5, 2020, 4:17 am

Just what kind of protocols they have in place? People at this place just don't gave a damn about their job. At the minimal, 3 exceptions should already prompted their attention to correct whatever the problem they were having. But as you all see the history, nothing was done even. Today, they make up more excuses saying that the bar code was generic and that my destination address was not tie to that bar code so it keeps cycling round and round. C'mon are customers really that stupid to believe this bs? I ask them to kick it out of circulation and have the nearest post office hold it, I'll pick it up myself due to total lost of trust with the postal system. These thieves are at fault but did nothing to help and can't promise any delivery date. I don't want to be lied to again so I'm forced to pay for package intercept but I'm guessing this will not happen in a timely manner even when the two places are literally in the same city. This is the worst experience with USPS. Place like this needs to go. And YES! I'm going down there to pick it up. I want to see for myself what kind of people works at that place. I may have to seek compensation should my travel plans fall apart.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 10:41:54 PM »
Lol

Haven’t you heard???
Trump defunding the USPS

Why you mail a letter to yourself??

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2020, 06:23:24 AM »
Just stupid idiots whom misplaced the package.  Happens all the time.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2020, 10:48:05 PM »
Lol

Haven’t you heard???
Trump defunding the USPS

Why you mail a letter to yourself??

Because Embassy's don't pay for your postage to ship back to you. Had to send proof and passport to secure a visa.

VillainousHero,
Stupid people will not leave a trail like this if it's misplaced. It's people not doing their job because they think they're guaranteed no disciplinary actions like getting fired from the job. There's plenty of orders to get it fixed, nobody there has done anything as shown on tracking history. The USPS agency needs to clean themselves up, any employee not living up to the agency should be fired. If not, Congress needs to axe this agency. Causes so much grief, disruption, and losses both for consumers and tax payers alike.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +364
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 10:42:46 PM »
It's Fedex so you should be able to do something about it like taking matters into your own hand and go get it yourself. For my case, I can't do anything and it's at their mercy while its still at the distribution center. This is what happen to my package,

November 19, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

November 17, 2020, 1:36 am
Processing Exception

Just what kind of protocols they have in place? People at this place just don't gave a damn about their job. At the minimal, 3 exceptions should already prompted their attention to correct whatever the problem they were having. But as you all see the history, nothing was done even. Today, they make up more excuses saying that the bar code was generic and that my destination address was not tie to that bar code so it keeps cycling round and round. C'mon are customers really that stupid to believe this bs? I ask them to kick it out of circulation and have the nearest post office hold it, I'll pick it up myself due to total lost of trust with the postal system. These thieves are at fault but did nothing to help and can't promise any delivery date. I don't want to be lied to again so I'm forced to pay for package intercept but I'm guessing this will not happen in a timely manner even when the two places are literally in the same city. This is the worst experience with USPS. Place like this needs to go. And YES! I'm going down there to pick it up. I want to see for myself what kind of people works at that place. I may have to seek compensation should my travel plans fall apart.

Whoa! You went through all that for me. Thanks pal.  :)

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements