Advertisement

Author Topic: A key ingredient for the Vietnamese dish, pho IMO so this sticker is news to me  (Read 262 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Been buying sa-te sauce for pho many times over the years and this is the first time I've noticed this sticker  ;D:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
That's really the add on ingredient that turns my pho to red..

BEFORE:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
AFTER  O0:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
careful what you eat.  Taste good may come with a price. 

remember the case of the pher who went traveling and is now dead of cancer?  Well while I was growing up, I know of a few cases of close family ties and a friend that went on an oversea trip like that and all of a sudden also died.  They have no known existing disease prior to the trip.

I think it has something to do with them oversea food that they ate.  It only makes sense that you got to compete to sell food over there so you have to add your "secret" ingredients to enhance the flavoring or to make a profit, you but old meat for cheap, add chemical to make it turn red and resell it at the market for consumption.  Ive seen the video of this underground operation happening before.  This is why you buy from the source like let say seafood directly from them boaters that came into shore.  Then again, that may too is not the safest route as to keep their seafood fresh, they need to add enhancer to keep them shrimp fresh.

"We were shocked and outraged by the news that six million pigs that may have been fed salbutamol, a substance banned from use in food production, had reached the markets."
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/perspectives/contaminated-food-a-deadly-threat-to-millions-3391367.html

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Can't be too "careful" especially when in the third world..

Even here in America, restaurants have taken short cuts..

I have a friend that worked as a bus boy years ago in San Diego and when the owner of that Italian restaurant said, "push the fish", it's already kind of smelly but the chef just hide it with herbs and other techniques they used to disguise it..

Here's the kicker, they still charged the same price for that sword fish..

Advertisements