Advertisement

Author Topic: Eskimo Outbreak 250XD  (Read 1137 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Eskimo Outbreak 250XD
« on: December 11, 2020, 02:03:08 AM »
Heck ya...So I bought this new tent.  No, it's actually an ice fishing shelter.  This is gonna be how ice fishing will be done.  Now I just gotta go check out if my heater will still work.  New for Eskimo shelter this year is their new insulated fabric called Storm Shield.  The best thing is that one no longer see those pinhole quilted welded/stitching that defeats the purpose of insulation.  The best thing about this Outbreak 250XD is the big door that somehow ice fishing shelter has long forgotten.  Yeah I had big doors on the old Clam 1060 and that was awesome.  Well the big door on the Eskimo here is that like a door and nothing to trip over on the floor.  Well the only thing that Eskimo really needs to work on is getting some cross bars onto the door frame.

However with this warm weather we've been having and lack of snow on the ground...well looks a lot like there's not going to be much ice fishing.

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: Eskimo Outbreak 250XD
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 10:01:39 AM »
Whats wrong with your clam one??

Another man’s trash, is another man
How much you want for it?

I give you $50 for old clam
Post some pic

Too warm
I won’t venture onto the ice yet
Lets get some negative temps first

God did not created man...man created god

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 04:16:48 PM »

Post some pic

Too warm

Why buy another man's "trash" when you can just win the lotto and get a new one being the "hmong Nostradamus and  is always right" and all?

Unless you are "trash" yourself.. ???

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 05:03:41 AM »

Post some pic

Too warm

Nothing wrong with it, just too heavy to carry around.  It's about 70+ lbs.  When it's truck on ice, the clam can come out.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 01:51:53 AM »
So anyway, I've been using the Eskimo Outbreak 250XD

The new shelter material works great.   Compared to the old one on the 949i with the Insulated Quilted fabric.  That's the picture of the 949i on the inside with the frost condensation along the quilted pinholes.  I'm so glad I don't have to deal with the Frost line.

The new Stormsheild Fabric on the Outbreak 250XD stays frost free.  It's also a bit easier to set up by myself.  Well more like the new design of ball and socket hubs are easier to deploy and take down.  It's just more smooth.  The big door that's trip free is wonderful.  It makes for transport of equipment to and from shelter so easy.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 04:13:54 AM »
I forgot to mention that during that one day with the wet snow and rain, I went ice/rain fishing.  That was a terrible day to fish and I found out that my winter clothes that was so old was kind of damp while I was out there.  Sure wish I had a rain suit on.  I was miserable.  Anyway turns out the the shelter did a pretty good job at repelling the rain and it also was very stable and resist wind vibrations.  The walk back to the truck was also miserable.  The slushy snow made the trek back even harder.

Now I think I should probably buy some new winter clothes.  Jacket and Bibs and all.  Or I can always not go fish in terrible wet snow/rain conditions.  Something to think about.  Anyway I should look into new winter outer wear.  It's been like 20 yrs since I bought new winter outer wear for myself.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 02:32:40 PM »
The season is over and I went to put the shelter away.  I went to fold it nicely to be packed and boxed up.  I noticed that on the bottom of the skirt material, there was some wear and on one spot an obvious scratched part.  I guess the coating on the bottom isn't so tough.  Even though I barely used the shelter and it was mostly above freezing temps for the most part that I used it. 

Overall the shelter has stretched out some and the poles aren't nearly as bent/warps as they were from first time use.  They're still slightly bent, but in a much better, more straight position than before.  Still I think it's a sewing or material cutting issue where it's slightly short, by like a 1/2 inch perhaps.

Advertisements