Advertisement

Author Topic: Minnesotans take roadkilled animals home  (Read 96 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • 31-day months: Odds: 1,3,5,7: Even: 8, 10,12.
  • Respect: +486
    • View Profile
Minnesotans take roadkilled animals home
« on: December 14, 2020, 02:02:02 PM »
1,778 so far this year.

No one has said what for, but the writer guesses it's for eating.

Do you pick up roadkills?

Years ago, I hit a dove on highway 494 just south of 94 in Minneapolis. I could see through my rear-view that it was struggling on the ground. I later told my friends about that, and they said I should have picked it up to cook.

One time I hit a deer right on its jaw in the far western Wisconsin area near Hudson. It was 2:00 a.m. I just went out to it, dragged it to the side of the road, checked my car,  and drove away. Friends told me I should have taken it home to cook.

Earlier this fall, I went squirrel hunting with some friends. One of the friends hit a buck and killed it. They asked if I wanted it. I said I wanted just its antlers.

Now, with this news about people taking home roadkills, I'm beginning to think I've lost of some great meats.

https://www.inforum.com/northland-outdoors/6794448-Minnesotans-took-home-roadkill-1700-times-in-2020

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +359
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesotans take roadkilled animals home
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 11:12:16 PM »
Not me, but I think I will take their tails or feathers.  Since I'm a fishing guy, I might want to use their fur or feathers for lure making.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • 31-day months: Odds: 1,3,5,7: Even: 8, 10,12.
  • Respect: +486
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesotans take roadkilled animals home
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 04:22:36 PM »
I've thought of using raccoon entrails for catfishes. Just never had enough guts to get them for baits.

Advertisements