Advertisement

Author Topic: Side Hustles  (Read 4700 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Side Hustles
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2020, 12:09:14 PM »
This may not be good timing due to the pandemic now but once it blows over, give this "side hustle" a shot if you're up for it  ;D:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2020, 12:51:01 PM »
I'm thinking of taking a job as a gigglo, which is to satisfy all MILF in the states. It pay well about 5k each month.
hmgROCK inspire me to do this.

damn dude

just pick up extra shift at your workplace, bro
you get
time and half pay overtime $$$

don't go around selling your body :2funny:

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2020, 02:03:22 PM »
With 1 job, it pays for what you need and that has been established.   You are considered normal like most americans out there.   

Now with a side hustle, that's extra income.  I was thinking of taking the side hustling gig and uses that income to pump into a business of some sort.  It can be a failure business of some sort but as long as there are income pumping into this business, it shall thrive. 

You never know... This fruity business might be your retirement package as if you hit the jackpot, you can then expand the company to go global and who knows, sell it to amazon or some big tech firm for your millions.  Like Zappo ceo guy and then use drugs and die in a house fire.  Something like that. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2020, 03:18:24 PM »
With 1 job, it pays for what you need and that has been established.   You are considered normal like most americans out there.   

Now with a side hustle, that's extra income.  I was thinking of taking the side hustling gig and uses that income to pump into a business of some sort.  It can be a failure business of some sort but as long as there are income pumping into this business, it shall thrive. 

You never know... This fruity business might be your retirement package as if you hit the jackpot, you can then expand the company to go global and who knows, sell it to amazon or some big tech firm for your millions.  Like Zappo ceo guy and then use drugs and die in a house fire.  Something like that.

My plans are not as grand... in fact, my plans are really simple and very ordinary. I don't want to be rich, I don't want to conquer the world, and I don't want to be famous. I don't want these things because I know I am not talented enough to accomplished them and because those aren't really the things I want in life.

I figured my time on earth, my time on this beautiful and awesome place is very limited and whether you choose to believe this fact or not, I also believe it is true for you. To that end, I want more time out of the office and more time dedicated to the activities of my choosing. I am very fortunate to have a job that pays well, and I am very lucky to be in my unique situation so I am going to do all I can with my blessings.

Here's a better ending to your story... His fruity business took off, he sold it to Amazon for 100 million dollars and gave 50 million of it to charity. He is now living on a small island in the south pacific. On his spare time, he travels and volunteers for the Red Cross. Now, that's an ending!

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2020, 05:25:59 PM »
My plans are not as grand... in fact, my plans are really simple and very ordinary. I don't want to be rich, I don't want to conquer the world, and I don't want to be famous. I don't want these things because I know I am not talented enough to accomplished them and because those aren't really the things I want in life.

I figured my time on earth, my time on this beautiful and awesome place is very limited and whether you choose to believe this fact or not, I also believe it is true for you. To that end, I want more time out of the office and more time dedicated to the activities of my choosing. I am very fortunate to have a job that pays well, and I am very lucky to be in my unique situation so I am going to do all I can with my blessings.

Here's a better ending to your story... His fruity business took off, he sold it to Amazon for 100 million dollars and gave 50 million of it to charity. He is now living on a small island in the south pacific. On his spare time, he travels and volunteers for the Red Cross. Now, that's an ending!

To me, I'm like an operational manager or a project manager so of speak.  I'm not looking for the final results but the process is more important.  In a game, people play to win.  Not me though. I play just for the sake of playing.  Maybe this is me talking if I stay forever single but with a wife, this crazy idea of mine will not exist without her approval and I'm sure that her idea is to play to win.  If you don't play to win then what the hell you playing for?  Like opening a business.  You want to make profit right?  That's what the normal folks wants.  To me, I just want to set it up and let it fly and see where she may go.  If it fails, no problem, I got money coming in to support it if needed to. 

Sounds like doing an non profit.  Just build it to create jobs for my employees and revenues should 0 out by the end of the year or if there are profit, given back to my employees as xmas bonuses or throw parties for them. 

I mean it is like this.  If your rich uncle gives you X amount of dollars per month but you have to put it into your side hustling business and since it is free money, you can use it to try on anything you want.  Sort of like you say you want to retire with X amount of residual income but instead of eating it all, you take that residual and covert that energy into other positive energy or a business hobby so of speak and that is what I meant when I said that I'm an operational manager type of a minded person I am.

I wouldn't mind doing  FIRE and call it a day but it would be incomplete in my challenge.  I wanted a different type of "more"  :idiot2:

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2020, 05:47:48 PM »
I'm retired and doing very well with finances.  I can basically buy a new car every couple of months if I wanted it too.  However, I learned that material things never fully fulfill the soul, trust me, it never do.  Money does matters but to certain point only. I always find comfort, trust, life and happiness in family.

With that said, I have to say first you have to understand money management.  Once you do, you will know where to put your money where it matter most.  Be discipline and work hard always and you should come out better than most and be okay.   

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2020, 05:58:53 PM »
I'm retired and doing very well with finances.  I can basically buy a new car every couple of months if I wanted it too.  However, I learned that material things never fully fulfill the soul, trust me, it never do.  Money does matters but to certain point only. I always find comfort, trust, life and happiness in family.

With that said, I have to say first you have to understand money management.  Once you do, you will know where to put your money where it matter most.  Be discipline and work hard always and you should come out better than most and be okay.

I can't see myself retire unless my friends are retirees like I am.  There is no fun in being retired and ready to do what I always wanted to do but yet, my friends are still working.  Retiring means you have escaped from the reality of life.  Time constraints is no longer your enemy.  Everyone else not retired is still watching the clock for the clock will dictates what you must do.  Being retired, just throw away your clock and night and day are the same.  Why?  Cuz timing is the natural reality that will one day, take your fate.   O0

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2020, 05:59:44 PM »

Curios... you're living my dream.

If you don't mind me asking. Age? Sex? Married or Single? Any dependents?

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2020, 06:28:34 PM »
Curios... you're living my dream.

If you don't mind me asking. Age? Sex? Married or Single? Any dependents?

Age: Too Old, Sex: Male and yes married with children of which are grown up and all have college degrees.  Like I said before, I'm kinda balance, not too much of anything but don't lack in other things either like family and grandchildren's, etc.  I think that's the sweet spot, a balance of things. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2020, 06:37:16 PM »
Age: Too Old, Sex: Male and yes married with children of which are grown up and all have college degrees.  Like I said before, I'm kinda balance, not too much of anything but don't lack in other things either like family and grandchildren's, etc.  I think that's the sweet spot, a balance of things.

Tell us your secret
Give some guidance
Educated us young buck on your mistake
So we don’t make it

<<<< early 30s

Still got 30 mores year to go

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2020, 06:59:37 PM »

Thank for sharing, I know some people are modest and I want to respect your privacy. Again, I really appreciate what you have shared. Because you have shared, I will also share. I am in 40s and currently single. My goal is to be financially independent by 55 and retire overseas.

Your last statement is very true, Balance of things.

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2020, 07:01:52 PM »
Tell us your secret
Give some guidance
So we don’t make it

<<<< early 30s

You don't need guidance HR... I thought you were going to take me fishing and hunting, problem solved?

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2020, 07:06:18 PM »
You don't need guidance HR... I thought you were going to take me fishing and hunting, problem solved?

Yeah

But sometimes i get tired of eating fish and venison

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2020, 07:06:18 PM »
Tell us your secret
Give some guidance
So we don’t make it

<<<< early 30s

Annual income of 20k a year qualify you for government's handouts. 

Food stamps 300 a month
Other ect stuff I don't even know but it is out there add 700 a month
Total $1,000 a month

30 years = 360 months x $1,000 = $360,000 for your retirement.  Like the lottery, beg them to pay you up front and cash out just in case you don't live past your 30th expected years. 

Like a plea bargain, better take that cuz I don't know too many people retiring with $360,000 tax free money in their pocket upon retirement. 

The trick is to have a lot of children.  You suck the government's handout till the last kid turns 18 which then disqualifies you from government's handouts then these kids will be in the work force, making money and they will pay your bills for you.  Better start planning for your future son. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2020, 07:11:09 PM »
Roth ira $6,000
gain are all tax free

Annual income of 20k a year qualify you for government's handouts. 

Food stamps 300 a month
Other ect stuff I don't even know but it is out there add 700 a month
Total $1,000 a month

30 years = 360 months x $1,000 = $360,000 for your retirement.  Like the lottery, beg them to pay you up front and cash out just in case you don't live past your 30th expected years. 

Like a plea bargain, better take that cuz I don't know too many people retiring with $360,000 tax free money in their pocket upon retirement. 

The trick is to have a lot of children.  You suck the government's handout till the last kid turns 18 which then disqualifies you from government's handouts then these kids will be in the work force, making money and they will pay your bills for you.  Better start planning for your future son.

Advertisements