Advertisement

Author Topic: Trump signed it. $600 for now.  (Read 777 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Trump signed it. $600 for now.
« on: December 27, 2020, 09:40:09 PM »
But only after he forced the Republican party to turn down $2,000 checks, making them look pretty bad in the eyes of people who needed the relief.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Trump signed it. $600 for now.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 01:21:35 PM »
Trump didn't know how to turn this stimulus issue to his advantage. He could have signed a bill that would offer even more than the first check in order to get more votes. He didn't so he lost.

This stimulus package is not something permanent. It's just a one-time deal. Signing off on a big package for one time won't hurt the government. He could have done it. He can't bribe voters but this is a legal way to indirectly get votes.

Darn! Next year he'll look back at this and think that he could have easily done it.

But, now, watch for the midnight regulations that may be forthcoming before 11:59 a.m. on January 20th.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:22:56 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 01:26:37 PM »
Trump, the Great Negotiator, just negotiated from a $600 check to a $600 check. That's the art of the deal, baby!

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 02:06:21 PM »
Trump didn't know how to turn this stimulus issue to his advantage. He could have signed a bill that would offer even more than the first check in order to get more votes. He didn't so he lost.

This stimulus package is not something permanent. It's just a one-time deal. Signing off on a big package for one time won't hurt the government. He could have done it. He can't bribe voters but this a legal way to indirectly get votes.

Darn! Next year he'll look back at this and think that he could have easily done it.

But, now, watch for the midnight regulations that may be forthcoming before 11:59 a.m. on January 20th.

I dont' think that is how it works.  You see, there are folks like BNM that believes that the left are criminals.  Like if Trump gives me that $2000 check, I'll end up voting for Biden anyway then trump will feel like a used and abused rag doll.

This country is about racism.  White against blacks.  It has always been like that.  If an Asian guy running for president, no matter how horrible, we will vote for the Asian guy too cuz well you know, why not?  Put an AZN guy on there so the asian in you can rise on top.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 02:16:57 PM »
I dont' think that is how it works.  You see, there are folks like BNM that believes that the left are criminals.  Like if Trump gives me that $2000 check, I'll end up voting for Biden anyway then trump will feel like a used and abused rag doll.

This country is about racism.  White against blacks.  It has always been like that.  If an Asian guy running for president, no matter how horrible, we will vote for the Asian guy too cuz well you know, why not?  Put an AZN guy on there so the asian in you can rise on top.   :2funny:
Iono.  I think if Trump had said $5K/person relief to help the little people, back in October and said, More on the way next year if I'm elected everyone!  I'd probably be like.. Well, he did help me so I may have to vote for him to see if I can get more help, but that didn't happen so being that he was too selfish and didn't want to help the little guy, I had to say bye bye Trump.  Maybe the next guy will be more willing to lend a helping hand. ;)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 02:23:33 PM »
Ok. Maybe next year Trump will be watching Biden on TV and say he's glad he didn't sign a bigger stimulus package.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 03:44:12 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 02:24:29 PM »
Yes, his selfishness took him down this time. He's focused too much on that stinginess that he has forgotten to help himself get re-elected.

Iono.  I think if Trump had said $5K/person relief to help the little people, back in October and said, More on the way next year if I'm elected everyone!  I'd probably be like.. Well, he did help me so I may have to vote for him to see if I can get more help, but that didn't happen so being that he was too selfish and didn't want to help the little guy, I had to say bye bye Trump.  Maybe the next guy will be more willing to lend a helping hand. ;)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 03:43:49 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 02:55:03 PM »
Ok. Maybe next year Trump will be watching Biden on TV and say he's glad he didn't a bigger stimulus package.

Trump can try next year and some forces out there,  maybe covid 24 will stop him from winning the 2nd term and he will retire with a guaranteed 400K tax free to help pay for his bankruptcy or some giggles like that.

After being president, you become a "Citizen" and collect 400k for life.  That's the perk for becoming a president but endorsement like Hilary and book deals will get your money over the million dollar range. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 03:45:42 PM »
I don't think the GOPs will endorse him again in 4 years. They endorsed him for the first term because they didn't know him any better. More of him has come out during the last 4 years.

There will be other better candidates in four years...e.g. perhaps Pence.

Trump can try next year and some forces out there,  maybe covid 24 will stop him from winning the 2nd term and he will retire with a guaranteed 400K tax free to help pay for his bankruptcy or some giggles like that.

After being president, you become a "Citizen" and collect 400k for life.  That's the perk for becoming a president but endorsement like Hilary and book deals will get your money over the million dollar range.

"...

Advertisements