Advertisement

Author Topic: Catch a pass for $100k and $500k  (Read 327 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Catch a pass for $100k and $500k
« on: January 04, 2021, 03:52:54 PM »
That's a great return for these guys:

- Seattle called a kneeldown, but Russell Wilson changed the play to get David Moore a $100,000 bonus

Wilson went rogue. He changed the play from a kneeldown to an easy pass to get Moore one more catch for a $100,000 bonus.

- Emmanuel Sanders celebrates 6-figure payday on short pass from Drew Brees

With little at stake in a blowout win over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, Emmanuel Sanders took some time to enjoy a payday.

With 2:11 remaining in the third quarter, Sanders caught a nine-yard pass from Drew Brees to convert a first down. He flipped the ball to the turf, threw his hands up over his head and was joined in celebration by fellow Saints receiver Marquez Callaway.

So why the big deal? It was a relatively meaningless play in a game the Saints led 26-7.

Big payday for Saints WR
It turns out it meant a lot to Sanders. He entered the day needing eight catches to reach 60 receptions on the season — a mark that would trigger a $500,000 contract bonus. That was catch No. 8.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: Catch a pass for $100k and $500k
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 05:24:23 PM »
That’s great for him. There are probably a few players getting bonuses that we don’t know about. Back in the 80s they used to announced it all the times  and some players even got a brand new car. Some running backs gets bonuses for every yards they ran.

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Advertisements