Advertisement

Author Topic: This soccer fan now player got the last laugh and should be proud  (Read 158 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Japanese Boy Bullied for Speaking Portuguese to Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes National Soccer Champion

A Japanese boy was ridiculed by reporters after trying to speak Portuguese with Cristiano Ronaldo in 2014. Now, he's a national soccer champion. Ryota Iwaoka attended a press conference around seven years ago for Facial Fitness Pao, a beauty product that Ronaldo was a spokesperson of. Iwaoka managed to secure one of the three slots for an exclusive Q&A with the soccer superstar, according to Yahoo News Japan via SoraNews24.   In preparation for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, Iwaoka asked his Japanese-Brazilian coach to help him say in Portuguese, “You are my favorite player and I want to play alongside you. So, how can I become a professional?” Although Iwaoka tried his best, he still struggled in front of his idol. During the Q&A, the crowd laughed at him, but Ronaldo quickly defended Iwaoka. “Why they smile?" Ronaldo asked. "You speak good Portuguese. Very good. They should be happy because you tried very hard.” Iwaoka never forgot Ronaldo's words of encouragement: “Believe in yourself. Work hard, and don’t miss an opportunity when it comes.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements