Advertisement

Author Topic: I don’t go to church...... but this reddit post express my interpretation of chr  (Read 390 times)

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
From what I know, Christ was essentially a radical leftist. He was all about helping and loving the poor, hungry, disabled, outcast. He would feed 10 people just in case one was going hungry. He flipped a table when banks were trying to take advantage of people. He was anti-capitalist and pro social responsibility to support, love and respect all members of society. He was, based on location and era, probably a person of color. He would not stand for discrimination . He would overthrow an institution that treated people like crap.

On the other hand, conservatives are all about greed. They are not willing to help people in need (through governmental means) because they “didn’t earn it” and it’s “my tax dollars”. They are very pro-capitalism, and would let 10 people go hungry because one might not actually need the help. They do not believe in social responsibility, instead they prioritize the individual. Very dog eat dog world to them. And, while there are conservatives of color, in America most conservatives are at least a little bit racist (intentionally or not) because most do not recognize how racism can be institutional and generational. They think everyone has the same opportunities and you can just magically work your way out of poverty.

Christ would be a radical leftist and conservatism is about as far as you can get from being Christ-like in politics. The Bible says nothing about abortion (it actually basically only says if someone makes a pregnant woman lose her baby, they have to pay the husband). It does not say homosexuality is sin, just that a man should not lie with a boy (basically, anti pedophilia) based on new translations not run through the filter of King James. Other arguments are based on Old Testament, which is not what Christianity focuses on. Jesus said forget that, listen to me (enter Christianity). Essentially all conservative arguments using the Bible are shaky at best. And if you just look at the overall message of Jesus, he would disagree with conservatives on almost everything.

Like this post: 0
God did not created man...man created god

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
From us nonbelievers
This is what we think of jesus
That dude who help the poor and blind and hungry

Like this post: 0