Advertisement

Author Topic: Yep, when you're a "negative" FRAUD, even your own fellow members reject you  (Read 183 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...whether it's coming over for beers or the medal of freedom:

Bill Belichick declines Presidential Medal of Freedom offer from Trump

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has announced that he is declining the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which he was scheduled to receive from President Donald Trump on Thursday.

Belichick cited the "tragic events of last week" as leading to his decision. Pro-Trump rioters rampaged in the US Capitol last Wednesday. Five people died as a result of the chaos, including a US Capitol Police officer. House Democrats want to impeach Trump, accusing him of "incitement of insurrection."
"Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients," Belichick said in a statement. "Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award. Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements