Advertisement

Author Topic: ProudLao, not sure what happened to my buffet thread but to answer your question  (Read 673 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Buffet style prime rib requires less prep time and thus can be served faster. Not saying it's not good but you can tell the subtle differences. At least that's been in my experience..

I made my prime rib buffet style because I've been thinking about not being able to eat at one for close to a year now so I decided to make my own  O0:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Ingredients needed (***MAKE SURE IT'S KOSHER SALT***):

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Once out of the oven, tin foiled it on the cutting board for about 20 minutes then serve:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
If you're a prime rib fan and happens to be in SF, I recommend this "restaurant prime rib" place  O0:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I took these photos at Jackson's buffet and I prefer pink just like the prime rib below but I saw several folks especially women asking the prime rib carver to put their cut on the grill so it could cook some more because it was too bloody for them:

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
IDK, I just don't have the stomach for it if I see them like that.

Like this post: +1

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
I think I read somewhere that the redness in the meat is not really blood. 

"As it turns out, that “blood” in your steak isn’t blood at all.
It’s myoglobin, the protein that delivers oxygen to an animal’s muscles. This protein turns red when meat is cut, or exposed to air. Heating the protein turns it a darker color. Rare meat isn’t “bloody,” it is just cooked to a lower temperature."
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-is-the-blood-in-steak_n_57fc0219e4b0e655eab6eb36

And We had a contractor working for us and the guy was 89 years old.  On his last day, I asked him what was  his secret to longevity.  He said to stay away from red meat and drink your coffee.  The asian drinking tea and azn are also known to live a long long time so the answer is in caffeine and what you eat to help less deteriorate or rot your internal organs. 

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
IDK, I just don't have the stomach for it if I see them like that.

You're not alone, different folks, different strokes..

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I think I read somewhere that the redness in the meat is not really blood. 

"As it turns out, that “blood” in your steak isn’t blood at all.
It’s myoglobin, the protein that delivers oxygen to an animal’s muscles. This protein turns red when meat is cut, or exposed to air. Heating the protein turns it a darker color. Rare meat isn’t “bloody,” it is just cooked to a lower temperature."
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-is-the-blood-in-steak_n_57fc0219e4b0e655eab6eb36

And We had a contractor working for us and the guy was 89 years old.  On his last day, I asked him what was  his secret to longevity.  He said to stay away from red meat and drink your coffee.  The asian drinking tea and azn are also known to live a long long time so the answer is in caffeine and what you eat to help less deteriorate or rot your internal organs.

Yup

Advertisements