Advertisement

Author Topic: Is this true in your life?  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Is this true in your life?
« on: January 14, 2021, 01:55:07 AM »
“Life is essentially an endless series of problems. The solution to one problem is merely the creation of another.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Is this true in your life?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 08:21:32 AM »
In life you need food & shelter and when you have this, half of your problem is already gone.  The other half, $$.  If you're missing 1 of the 3 stresses come.  The rest, are minor issues.  Life is beautiful and it is truly how you make it.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 01:14:22 PM »
No.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 01:18:07 PM »
In life you need food & shelter and when you have this, half of your problem is already gone.  The other half, $$.  If you're missing 1 of the 3 stresses come.  The rest, are minor issues.  Life is beautiful and it is truly how you make it.

My question was more philosophical than physical... but here are my observations.

Single people wishes they were married or with someone, then once they are married or attached, their husband/wife/partner becomes a burden to them. Now they feel trapped because they have to dedicate their time, money, and attention to a single individual, having to answer to him/her. One solution creates another problem.

You need to lose weight, so you buy a gym membership and joins a health club. Now that you have a gym membership, you have to allocate time to go to the health club which takes you away from time with your family, time from your hobbies or time from friends. One solution creates another problem.

Your truck just die and you buy a new Tundra. Well, now you have a huge monthly car payment, Insurance just jumped 20% and your gas budget jumped 50%. You're starting to wonder if you will make ends meet. One solution creates another problem.

I can go on and on...

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 01:37:06 PM »
“Life is essentially an endless series of problems. The solution to one problem is merely the creation of another.”

No, because it’s all in perspective. 

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 02:42:03 PM »
Clearly put that we all can relate. 

You have income rushing in but when you pay your bills, more bills are stacking behind it. 

It is like different bills are coming out of nowhere to foil your game plan. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 04:17:15 PM »
Two words, hellllllllllll llllllll no.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 05:32:55 PM »
Two words, hellllllllllll llllllll no.

Good to hear you live a life with no problems.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 06:22:06 PM »
My question was more philosophical than physical... but here are my observations.

Single people wishes they were married or with someone, then once they are married or attached, their husband/wife/partner becomes a burden to them. Now they feel trapped because they have to dedicate their time, money, and attention to a single individual, having to answer to him/her. One solution creates another problem.

You need to lose weight, so you buy a gym membership and joins a health club. Now that you have a gym membership, you have to allocate time to go to the health club which takes you away from time with your family, time from your hobbies or time from friends. One solution creates another problem.

Your truck just die and you buy a new Tundra. Well, now you have a huge monthly car payment, Insurance just jumped 20% and your gas budget jumped 50%. You're starting to wonder if you will make ends meet. One solution creates another problem.

I can go on and on...
that's life.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 09:39:03 PM »
No, because it’s all in perspective.

Ditto...depend s on the individual and his/her "perspective".

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 08:17:44 AM »
I create my own problems.

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 12:20:45 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input... My goal was to get people thinking and as some of you pointed out, it is really mostly about perspective. 

Generally speaking, I think Human Beings, at least in my view, are never ever happy with what they have, NOTHING is ever enough. Deep down inside, if you were to win the Lottery, wouldn't you rather win 1 million dollars as opposed to just 100k, if given the choice. And then wouldn't you rather win 10 million rather than just 1 million? And again, if given a choice would you rather win 100 million rather than 10 million?

My buddy, who's only 28, and his wife just got divorced after being married 5 years. They have a child together... both he and his ex-wife were always arguing and fighting. Everytime we talk, it was about him wanting out of his marriage and how he hated being married. Well, now, 6 months later and all he wants to talk about is how lonely he is and how he wants to go overseas to meet someone.

It's a vicious loopback.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:36:23 PM by Kong Vang »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 06:17:54 AM »
You are a pessimist. You think of problems or that everything is a problem.

Optimists are just the opposite: they think of problems as either solutions or opportunities only. Every problem is an opportunity for something.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 12:49:37 PM »

I understand what you are trying to say.  And yes, like others pointed out, it's a matter of perception.  We can be in a huge hole of a mess, but even in that moment we can convince ourselves that things are temporary and that the problems aren't as huge, etc.  How we see things really depends on our own perception of the situation.  Do you see your life and/or your problems as cup half full or cup half empty, etc.

But, I understand, too, that human beings are generally never satisfied.  We aim to reach a certain level in life and when we finally reach it, we're like, "uhhh, I think I want more than this, maybe."  Most of us can never be fully satisfied.  Even the super rich and wealthy are probably not fully satisfied, because they may have money but they may be lacking in family, love, happiness, etc.

There are sayings: "Be happy with what you have" and "Make the most of what you have."  There are reasons for these sayings.

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 09:42:28 PM »
You are a pessimist. You think of problems or that everything is a problem.

Optimists are just the opposite: they think of problems as either solutions or opportunities only. Every problem is an opportunity for something.

Personally speaking, I am guilty to some level but I am not sure about being labeled a pessimist. I think some people are just not as willing to admit that they feel this way and for some they may not even know it's happening within themselves. My 28 year old friend is a prime example. You will never get him to admit that he is in the loopback from hell and that he will never be satisfied with his decisions, no matter what.

Because I am more aware of my own weakness and shortcomings, I have decided to give up a few things. Social Media being one of them. I find that living a simple life with a few quality friends and very few possessions has made life more more enjoyable and dare I say... Happy.

Advertisements