Advertisement

Author Topic: Man, not again, one of my favorite spots in the world  (Read 697 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1334
    • View Profile
Man, not again, one of my favorite spots in the world
« on: January 31, 2021, 09:51:34 PM »
 :'(:

2 dead in massive California storms that took out portion of Highway 1

Massive storms walloped California on Friday, leaving at least two people dead. In Northern California, drone footage captured the extent of the damage on Highway 1 near Big Sur, where a landslide caused by an atmospheric river of moisture took out a portion of the historic roadway.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Man, not again, one of my favorite spots in the world
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 08:25:35 AM »
I took this hwy 1 scenic road from san jose to down south only once ever....   and never again. 

Why?  cot dayam 10 hours vs 6 hours straight highway driving.  All them curves messes up your automatic transmission.  My dad's car trannie was shot once we were in santa ana.  Good thing for viet mechanics down there to fix it and we had our car back after the weekend was over. 

Horrible experience and never again.  Well not going all the way but maybe using that highway to get to places like Pismo beach but with a rental though.  Mess up them rental like we don't care. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 08:47:56 AM »
I took this hwy 1 scenic road from san jose to down south only once ever....   and never again. 

Why?  cot dayam 10 hours vs 6 hours straight highway driving.  All them curves messes up your automatic transmission.  My dad's car trannie was shot once we were in santa ana.  Good thing for viet mechanics down there to fix it and we had our car back after the weekend was over. 

Horrible experience and never again.  Well not going all the way but maybe using that highway to get to places like Pismo beach but with a rental though.  Mess up them rental like we don't care.

Loved it when I drove down from north of SF all the way down to south of LA. Stopped at most of the spots, especially enjoyed Bixby Bridge. Ya'll in CA are a little spoiled with all that coastline.

And Duma, I know what you mean. Drove a huge SUV at that time. Just don't look down. And take the corners at 15mph if you have to.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 10:25:17 PM »
I've made that trek several times and I loved it as well. And yep, Bixby bridge is a popular landmark along the way and not too far from there, McWay Falls right off the highway  O0:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 10:26:13 PM »
Still sad seeing this though  :'(:

Advertisements