Advertisement

Author Topic: i just notice that almost everyone on PHer makes 6 figure, own $200k+ house, car  (Read 6660 times)

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
damn...
we got lots of 6 figure salary folks in here

-walley
-kong
-duma
-theking
-cali-guy

supervisor, CEO, chief operater, executive... lots of high class folks
no clue why they browsing PH

<<<< where my $20k folks at??? i'm just your scrub replaceable worker

Ah... assuming again, but if you really want to know... I have a six figure job and make more money in the stock market than my job. I also have a modest 300K house in a lower cost of living area, but I'm down to one car now since I just sold my truck. I

Like this post: 0
God did not created man...man created god

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
it's the internet...
i guess you can be whatever you want :2funny: :2funny:

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
i don't have a $100k car
i just have a cheap ass chevy worth $100-500 today.....might be free.... (who knows)

where my $20k average folks at???

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
i once saw a lamborghini meet or some sort and all the sudden a rice out civic speeds by them and circle around them....damn all I could think of was I hope that wasn't rocko from PH village...ahah ;D

my lamborghini

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
damn...

-walley
-kong
-duma
-theking
-cali-guy

Since you called me out, prove to  me that you actually make 20k and I’ll prove to everyone exactly what you stated but only if you can. If you can’t then this thread is meaningless and your obtuse thinking should be a learning lesson.

Nothing wrong trading conversations on PH just like nothing wrong with billionaires surfing on FB, Twitter, social media. If you open your eyes and listen with your ears, you might actually learn something.

I don’t have a 100k car either.

Offline walley

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
Since you called me out, prove to  me that you actually make 20k and I’ll prove to everyone exactly what you stated but only if you can. If you can’t then this thread is meaningless and your obtuse thinking should be a learning lesson.

Nothing wrong trading conversations on PH just like nothing wrong with billionaires surfing on FB, Twitter, social media. If you open your eyes and listen with your ears, you might actually learn something.

I don’t have a 100k car either.

Its hard for people to comprehend six figures if they've never earned it, just like its hard for six figure earners to comprehend seven or eight figures. He makes such a big deal about it even though he is making the "real money in the big boys club" in the stock market. ;D Its actually not that hard to make six figures since there are plenty of jobs that offer six figure salaries. Six figure salaries can also be considered poverty line in areas like San Francisco if you have a family of three or four. I'm just done replying to that guy.

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Dok raises her hands :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  and i'm moving to an apt. soon to downsize :D :D :D

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
I’m happy for those who makes good money. Nothing is given, you got to put time and effort into it.

I’m happy making 19K, you got me beat rockbaby lol

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
Dok raises her hands :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  and i'm moving to an apt. soon to downsize :D :D :D

nothing but love here, FAM
at least now, you won't have to shovel the snow and cut grass   ;D O0

i have this kick ass garden... that i've been working on for a couples of years now
don't know if i can give that up for an aparment

p=pebhmong

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
I’m happy for those who makes good money. Nothing is given, you got to put time and effort into it.

I’m happy making 19K, you got me beat rockbaby lol

jokes on you...
i only make like $5k+ something before i got furlough
you have me beat this year  ;D O0

:2funny:

you want some lake trout??
i got a few slab of them
that i fillet and bag them in plastic bag

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
I'm not one of them.

Mo money mo problems.  :D ;D

for sure...
im still OG
aka go kill my own pig and chicken etc....

little bit cheaper, gotta do everything yourself though
 ;D O0

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
nothing but love here, FAM
at least now, you won't have to shovel the snow and cut grass   ;D O0

i have this kick ass garden... that i've been working on for a couples of years now
don't know if i can give that up for an aparment

p=pebhmong

NO no no no.....must make sure plenty of grass....and enjoy the fresh scent of cut grass - nature's natural deodorizer.  and NO...i'm going to expand the gardening plot there -need my fresh onions, cilantros, chilli peppers, etc...nothing beats that!

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Kong Vang

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
damn...

-walley
-kong
-duma
-theking
-cali-guy

First off, being classy has nothing to do with one's income, birth, race or any other attribute you can potentially call out. I have friends who are on some form of public assistance all their life and still remains classy. And not to judge, but the stuff you spew on here leads me to believe you may not have any class.

To your second point, I thought PH was a place to share ideas, a place to contribute meaningful thoughts and an outlet for Hmong to socialize. Unlike some of things you have posted, most of the things I have read weren't intended to gaslight people's feeling or to incite controversy. But who am I to judge, what ever floats your boat. My point is, you want to betray those that do have a high income are only coming here to boast about our income and wealth. It maybe true for some, but unless you have walked in another person's shoes, don't assume.

Making 100k in some area of this US is barely making it. Unlike you, most people making 100k are just barely able to survive, The cost of food, housing, entertainment, and utilities can be very different from where you are To my points earlier, we all don't have your super budgeting skills, we don't have 500k in our retirements while only making 20k a year. But then again, we're not waiting in line at the bread line either.

Hope this clears things up for you buddy.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 10:39:05 AM by Kong Vang »

Offline walley

• PH Regular
    • View Profile

First off, being classy has nothing to do with one's income, birth, race or any other attribute you can potentially call out. I have friends who are on some form of public assistance all their life and still remains classy. And not to judge, but the stuff you spew on here leads me to believe you may not have any class.

To your second point, I thought PH was a place to share ideas, a place to contribute meaningful thoughts and an outlet for Hmong to socialize. Unlike some of things you have posted, most of the things I have read weren't intended to gaslight people's feeling or to incite controversy. But who am I to judge, what ever floats your boat. My point is, you want to betray those that do have a high income are only coming here to boast about our income and wealth. It maybe true for some, but unless you have walked in another person's shoes, don't assume.

Making 100k in some area of this US is barely making it. Unlike you, most people making 100k are just barely able to survive, The cost of food, housing, entertainment, and utilities can be very different from where you are To my points earlier, we all don't have your super budgeting skills, we don't have 500k in our retirements while only making 20k a year. But then again, we're not waiting in line at the bread line either.

Hope this clears things up for you buddy.

My wife and I used to get WIC for help a long time ago. Fast forward about 10 years and I now have two associates, one bachelors and one masters degree. You get what you put in life. If you want something done then go make it happen.

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Offline walley

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
I think most Hmong families were put on public assistance when they first came to the States. Very few families chose to opt out, and the ones that never used public assistance were probably from well to do families already. I don't think it's something to be ashamed of if you have used public assistance.

I was born in the states and I'm not ashamed of having to use WIC. I think its a good program that helps out many families. My point was that if you want it enough then you need to take the steps to make it happen. What most people don't see is the time that made it happen. I used to work 12 hour shifts and also went to college full time. I barely spent any time with my family because I was always studying.

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Advertisements