Advertisement

Author Topic: Here's an idea for people who are breaking up  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Here's an idea for people who are breaking up
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2021, 03:56:23 PM »
If you don't want a bad name after a divorce or even a boyfriend-girlfriend break-up, do a Harassment Restraining Order against your ex right away.

The restraining order stops from them harassing you further. That includes badmouthing you to others.

I'm not encouraging lawsuits. I'm just giving you an idea on how to protect your image. You already know how rampant badmouthing can be in our community.
Another question, before you request the order, don't you need proof before getting granted.  Doesn't it work the same way as a "restraining order"?  Just clarifying because some people might assume you can just get one to protect yourself w/out just cause.  A horrible person can get one to prevent another from spilling their eggs.... for example.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2021, 04:01:38 PM »
Yes.

All those things that broke the two up should be enough to put somethingt between them.
This would apply to most sour relationship and marriages... and does the court have time to really do that?  I'm thinking, maybe apply to those "unique" circumstance and not everyday heartaches and heartbreaks...  But again, you're the pro... :-X :-X

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2021, 06:03:57 PM »
Let's say it's not badmouthing but rather what you say is "true"...  Does the order still work that way. ;D ;D ;D I did mentioned if they're my kids, I'd have a headache EVERYDAY ;D ;D ;D ;D

There will be a lot of time outs for sure lol

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2021, 08:51:02 PM »
There will be a lot of time outs for sure lol
For sure  ;D ;D ;D ;D and even during time out, they'll find a way to mess w/ each other..  My hair will turn gray before my time ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2021, 08:59:43 AM »
I said all those things that led up to the breakup should be enough. Say, you're dating a guy and your husband catches you and tries to penalize him for adultery, that's enough. There's usually a few of his attempts already before he catches you red-handed.

Spilling someone's eggs that affect them in a harassing sense will do it.

There's a court just for harassment restraining orders. Judges and referees are paid to hear such claims.

Do not assume that just because you are telling the truth about someone that you won't have a restraining order against you. If they prove that your doing has harassing effects, they'll get the restraining order.

There's more to just asking for one. But breakups usually have the proof needed to get one. A stalker, a jealous partner, a badmouther who simply wants to take another down because of anger, the relatives who call a cheating spouse to discipline, etc.

Doesn't have to be in English. Culture does not stop it.

This would apply to most sour relationship and marriages... and does the court have time to really do that?  I'm thinking, maybe apply to those "unique" circumstance and not everyday heartaches and heartbreaks...  But again, you're the pro... :-X :-X

Another question, before you request the order, don't you need proof before getting granted.  Doesn't it work the same way as a "restraining order"?  Just clarifying because some people might assume you can just get one to protect yourself w/out just cause.  A horrible person can get one to prevent another from spilling their eggs.... for example.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2021, 12:40:21 PM »
Good to know... but I'm also thinking about evil/bad people use the law for their advantage and victimized the victim over and over again. 

About bad mouthing, the truth is NO law will stop that.  It'll spread like wild fire...one way or another and who has time to put restraining order against half of the community ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2021, 02:10:10 PM »
You are mistaken. Truth might be a defense in some other areas of the law but not in harassment restraining order or other things. For example, if you disclose your partner's private parts--yes, you've seen all those in bed and it's true they may be big or not something you wanted--but you will run into privacy laws if you disclose that to the community. Etc.

Get some truths and belittle your co-worker around with them and you'll be in court.

Good to know... but I'm also thinking about evil/bad people use the law for their advantage and victimized the victim over and over again. 

About bad mouthing, the truth is NO law will stop that.  It'll spread like wild fire...one way or another and who has time to put restraining order against half of the community ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2021, 04:32:24 PM »
You are mistaken. Truth might be a defense in some other areas of the law but not in harassment restraining order or other things. For example, if you disclose your partner's private parts--yes, you've seen all those in bed and it's true they may be big or not something you wanted--but you will run into privacy laws if you disclose that to the community. Etc.

Get some truths and belittle your co-worker around with them and you'll be in court.
I was thinking more in the line of an abusive wife or husband and the abuser happen to reach the court first on the harassment restraining order, or a cheater (as in relationship) or a player who doesn't want his/her egg spill, rush to get it....

the victim get victimized.... .or depends who get to  the restraining order first.  Basically, two people in a bad relationship, either one can get it...right? Can a person contest the order?

That piece of paper will not change the fact, the truth and sooner or later that will come out and in the end, will cause more harm to a person's reputation... the purposes of putting the harassment restraining in the first place.

So when I look at this restraining order, there's good and bad...

I think the best solution is treat others as how  you want to be treated so when things don't work out you do not need a restraining order   

« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 04:50:42 PM by Dok_Champa »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2021, 04:22:41 AM »
Whomever the victim is able to catch and list on the order will be enough message for the rest to quiet down.

Anyone that's harmed will have the time to shut others up.

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2021, 10:32:41 AM »
Whomever the victim is able to catch and list on the order will be enough message for the rest to quiet down.

Anyone that's harmed will have the time to shut others up.
Two people in a bad relationship, can both get the harassment restraining order?  Can the order be contested and given to the victim, say if the abusive husband get one, wife contested and then given to her?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2021, 11:07:54 AM »
She can contest it. He can contest the one against him. Both have that right.

But each can get one against the other. The same court can grant each an order against the other. Some times the harassments go both ways: he stalks her and she stalks him, he calls her names and she calls him names, she attacks his new woman to break up his relationship with her (the new woman can get one against her, too), etc.

Two people in a bad relationship, can both get the harassment restraining order?  Can the order be contested and given to the victim, say if the abusive husband get one, wife contested and then given to her?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 01:23:28 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2021, 03:31:18 PM »
Learn something new...and ask all the burning questions and more...  Thanks.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2021, 08:47:07 AM »
If you don't want a bad name after a divorce or even a boyfriend-girlfriend break-up, do a Harassment Restraining Order against your ex right away.

The restraining order stops from them harassing you further. That includes badmouthing you to others.

I'm not encouraging lawsuits. I'm just giving you an idea on how to protect your image. You already know how rampant badmouthing can be in our community.
Can I take this to be legal advice?  ;D

Advertisements