Advertisement

Author Topic: Since Dok has changed interracial to "steak" now, my wife and I have different  (Read 1227 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..favorite cut. Her favorite cut is the filet mignon where as I on the other hand prefer rib-eye...This Laotian restaurant has a nice steak menu on top of their Laotian food menu  O0 ;D:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Steak looks good.  But it was a poor analogy for interracial marriage because some people could take that as something else.. ;D ;D ;D

Like this post: +1
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
The filet mignon cost more than the rib-eye cut but it's too lean for my taste buds kind of like how chicken breasts cost more than wings and leg quarters but I prefer wings and leg quarters. Now the rib-eye cut on the other hand is just right for me.. O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
And a good steak is not just the cut but the grade and type also play a big role..Little pricey but this is still my favorite grade and type over the years..O0:

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
If I see a steak w/ that grade at the supermarket, I will probably pass because it looks "fattening" but I understand that's probably what separate this grade from the other.  If you put this steak on a pan or pan fry or grill , it'll be "balance of fat to lean" to have that "buttery, juicy, most, tender" taste.. but still, a little too much fat for my taste.

How do you usually cook a grade of steak like that?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 10:52:00 AM by Dok_Champa »

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
If I see a steak w/ that grade at the supermarket, I will probably pass because it looks "fattening" but I understand that's probably what separate this grade from the other.

I think you're referring to the white marbling..then yes. And the higher the marbling rate, the better, not just in taste but also health:

Highly marbled Wagyu and Hanwoo beef have higher proportions of monounsaturate d fatty acid (MUFA) due to higher concentrations of oleic acid. MUFAs have little effect on total cholesterol. They are heart-healthy dietary fat because they can lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL)-cholesterol while increasing high-density lipoprotein (HDL)-cholesterol. Clinical trials have indicated that highly marbled beef does not increase LDL-cholesterol. This review also emphasizes that high oleic acid beef such as Wagyu and Hanwoo beef might be able to reduce risk factors for cardiovascular disease.

If you put this steak on a pan or pan fry or grill , it'll be "balance of fat to lean" to have that "buttery, juicy, most, tender" taste.. but still, a little too much fat for my taste.

BMS 12 is delicious and good for health at the same time.

How do you usually cook a grade of steak like that?

Opinions vary but skillet style works for me.

And going back to the opinions vary point, although most like this kind of beef, there may be some exceptions because taste buds can vary from individual to individual..Bu t one has to try it first in order to form an educated opinion on it.  O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Kind of like how you mentioned to Reporter, "if you haven't try it, how do you know it's good or bad"..or something like that.. ;D O0

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
Kind of like how you mentioned to Reporter, "if you haven't try it, how do you know it's good or bad"..or something like that.. ;D O0
To be honest, I'm not a "steak" person but more of a "seafood" and when I do eat steak, mine's "well done."   I may give it a try one day....on a special day, fingers crossed...we'll see...

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
And that's "pork" right?

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
TOLD YA, he'll crawl back to prove me right (AGAIN)..too easy.. ;D O0

"And that's" .."seller's mistake" .."right?"

AND YES, HE'LL CRAWL BACK AGAIN, WATCH!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
To be honest, I'm not a "steak" person but more of a "seafood" and when I do eat steak, mine's "well done."   I may give it a try one day....on a special day, fingers crossed...we'll see...

If you happen to be in Kobe, Japan one day, I say do it because it's freshest there. I like "seafood" too and my favorite thus far is the lobster ..Photos I took of both the American version and the Asian version.. O0:

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
Now that's more my taste... A  few years go I went to Maine especially for the lobster, very fresh.  I could only eat 3 and no more. 

What are some good places you've gone to for lobster?

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I like Maine too and yes, it's best to get it there mainly because it's fresh there.

On the west coast, the best lobsters I've had is at Hong Kong East Ocean in Emeryville, CA.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
The restaurant has beautiful ocean view, thanks.

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Yep, window with an ocean view seating is always in high demand there..Just ask these Asian folks looking toward the Bay Bridge ;D:

Advertisements