Advertisement

Author Topic: Careful guys, some FRAUD stole mine  (Read 356 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Careful guys, some FRAUD stole mine
« on: March 03, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »
99 Tacoma's years ago and Toyota's CAT is highly sought due to the metals in it. Thieves like to target Tacoma and Tundra because they have more ground clearance so it makes the job easier:

Police: Catalytic converter thefts up locally, nationally; thieves seeking metals as prices skyrocket

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Careful guys, some FRAUD stole mine
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 09:26:27 PM »
Heist of 83 catalytic converters worth $50,000 foiled by Lexington sheriff's deputies. When police catch thieves with stolen catalytic converters, they usually find just a few of the valuable metallic gizmos that the thieves have pried from a vehicle's undercarriage.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 11:27:08 AM »
LA Sheriff Finds $750K Worth of Catalytic Converters, Arrests 19 in Sting

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 07:43:28 PM »
Police Seek Help Identifying Suspects in Fatal Shooting of Vietnamese American Man in San Jose

Nguyen confronted the gunmen when he saw them trying to break into his Toyota Prius, KTVU reported. A source familiar with the incident said the men were trying to remove the catalytic converter from Nguyen’s vehicle. One of the suspects had already shot the man by the time the victim's son arrived at the scene. When the police arrived, they saw Nguyen in the arms of his family. He died at the scene of the shooting.

Advertisements