Advertisement

Author Topic: PH, what do you think of throuple families?  (Read 1107 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
PH, what do you think of throuple families?
« on: March 12, 2021, 11:56:24 PM »
 ???:

The rise of polyamorous parenting: Why 'throuple' families are coming out

Sunny, Speetie and Piddu — a throuple living in Indianapolis with their four kids, who recently shared their story with the Daily Mail — certainly fit the more modern profile. All three are from traditional Indian families and emigrated to the U.S. — most recently Piddu, 31, who entered into an arranged marriage in her home country and moved to California with her husband; when the marriage crumbled, Speetie and her husband, Sunny, invited her to come and stay with them and their two children in Indiana. The three of them wound up falling in love, turning what was to be a one-week stay into what's so far been a decade-long relationship.

Another poly family who had to fight extra hard against community judgment is the Simbalas, of Baltimore, Md., a trio of Latino heritage that calls itself the Triad Fam on social media and a blog.

"I think we just lived in hiding for a good amount of time," says Raquel, who joined Katie and Luis, a hospital systems administrator, seven years into their marriage when all three met and fell head over heels; Katie soon became pregnant with their now-5-year-old son, Lukas, and now they parent him together.

Ian Jenkins, Alan Mayfield and Jeremy Hodges are three men in love, in a committed, long-term "throuple." They are also fathers of two, through surrogacy, and are the trio behind a much-heralded legal fight in California, which won all three men the right to be listed on the birth certificate of their first baby, Piper, who is now 3. Now their landmark court victory and parenting journey, which includes the addition of Parker, 1, is the subject of a new memoir by Jenkins, Three Dads and a Baby, out this month.

…and advantages, especially in a pandemic
"I think the pandemic has really demonstrated how painful isolation is … and how hard it is to work and parent, much less have time to sleep and exercise and clean the bathroom," Sheff notes. She says that balanced against the disadvantage of being stigmatized, the advantages of poly parenting are "similar to wealthy or high-functioning families, in that they have a lot of resources."

That pooling of resources, she says, "ends up having significant and positive effects not only on the children but the adults — they get more sleep, they can exercise, they can work uninterrupted, they have more free time, kids get more of their needs met and get a wider range of role models." Parents of infants, in particular, she says, "if you’ve got four, five adults in the household, then you get four solid nights of sleep. That’s a recipe for sanity."

As Raquel explains, "We can tackle our home in a much more efficient way — Katie will cook, Luis will clean, I will start bedtime with Lukas. I think he is able to get something different and special from each of us."

And then there's the advantage of a family not breaking up but growing larger if a parent falls in love with another person, Sheff points out. "The idea of marrying once, for 70 years? A lot of people don’t want to do that. So, this gives room."

By speaking out about their lives, poly families are hoping to familiarize others with a different way of living. As Jenkins says, he wrote his memoir to show the world that "love makes a family, and if you see a family that doesn't look like yours, it doesn’t mean they’re not taking the best possible care of their kids."

« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 12:02:32 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: PH, what do you think of throuple families?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 12:04:18 AM »
Kind of reminds me of this movie:

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 03:25:03 AM »
As great as God is, he never foresaw what his creation of a pair of opposite sex humans could grow into.

Nowadays, what he has wanted a just a one-to-one couple of opposite sexes has turned into one-to-two, -three, -four, to the nth couple and even those of the same sex, too.

I'm not sure if God is happy that such creation has turned so powerful or whether he's sad that such creation has been abused tremendously.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 08:34:10 AM »
Someone will always be the third wheel. Read a story earlier this week  about a guy who was dating another guy when they met a third and all fell in love. Then the other two started doing things without him and he was eventually left out. Basically, they both love the new guy but the new guy wanted to be heads up with his partner and his partner liked the new guy more than him too so he was eventually kicked out of their relationship.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 04:07:10 PM »
Two are really lovers.  The extra is a nanny that the husband gets to sleeps with.  Basically it all stems from the idea of a con artist, tricking the other for an additional person in the family as it will benefit. 

Thumbs down for me.  I rather love 1 than not to love.  My term only goes for marriage as you both made vows under the eyes of the almighty.  Dating?  Well that's a joke.  We are not bound by the ball and chain effect.  Core value, it is either you got it or you don't or make it up so you can groom another victim. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 05:27:58 PM »
Two are really lovers.  The extra is a nanny that the husband gets to sleeps with.  Basically it all stems from the idea of a con artist, tricking the other for an additional person in the family as it will benefit. 

Thumbs down for me.  I rather love 1 than not to love.  My term only goes for marriage as you both made vows under the eyes of the almighty.  Dating?  Well that's a joke.  We are not bound by the ball and chain effect.  Core value, it is either you got it or you don't or make it up so you can groom another victim.
I agree with you, totally.  There's NO way a man can love 2 women equally vice versa.  The third person will always be the "third wheel" with some kind of benefit to keep that person around like "nanny, cook, breadwinner, etc..."  and every once in a while throw some bread crumbs to keep the person around.

NO, NO, No...  Usually the men are the ones w/ multiple wives/partner... and they'll brain wash a woman into thinking he will love them equally... but heck NO. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 05:31:41 PM »
Their life, their choice. 

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 03:38:35 PM »
The thing is the third woman believes him and does not believe any other man in the world exists.

I agree with you, totally.  There's NO way a man can love 2 women equally vice versa.  The third person will always be the "third wheel" with some kind of benefit to keep that person around like "nanny, cook, breadwinner, etc..."  and every once in a while throw some bread crumbs to keep the person around.

NO, NO, No...  Usually the men are the ones w/ multiple wives/partner... and they'll brain wash a woman into thinking he will love them equally... but heck NO.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +369
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 12:14:25 AM »
I'm thinking of marrying two women at same time. That's tight. Story of Jacob and his sisterly wives inspire me.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 09:16:36 PM »
The thing is the third woman believes him and does not believe any other man in the world exists.
We women need to take lesson from the men: They don't  put up with such things.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Hunnaydew

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 06:31:16 AM »
Sometimes I think how it can be positive, but no. I’m too siab me for anyone else to have my loved one.  :knuppel2:

Advertisements