Advertisement

Author Topic: Pets/Dog Story  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Pets/Dog Story
« on: March 26, 2021, 08:19:38 AM »
I used to not like dogs of any kind.  Betsy is my first pet, the small breeds.  She was the last of her litter and not as cute as the rest of her siblings and was confined in the basement where all the messy stuffs were.  So, I took her home and as a little puppy, I stuff her into my work bag and brought her to work ;D ;D ;D  No one was home to care for her and that was an options every now and then, not daily.

Now, she's still a small dog but is getting old.  We've grown on one another/ the family.  She prefers my husband and I over anyone else and so when we leaves, she'll sit the window and when we return, she'll greet us by the door.  On some nights when my husband has to leave out of town, she keeps me company.  AND she keeps me active, the daily walks.

What's your Pet/dog story?

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Pets/Dog Story
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 09:10:32 AM »
First landed to the states in Atlanta.  Had a dog there looking like a dalmation with black spots.  Migrated to the usa refugee of America in Narleans and took the dog with me.  I was just a tiny brat running around but one day, the dog was gone.  Had dinner and an elder joking that we ate poor doggy.  It was his name, doggy. 

still till this day, don't even know what ever REALLY happened to doggy. 

Had a few more puppies as pets while growing up poor.  Bad mistake cuz you need an income to raise a critter.  Any money I gotten all invested in my pet food and vaccine shots that I did it myself.  When it caught parvo virus, vet said $300 for treatment.  Did not have it so ended up using pimpto bizmo to as treatment.  Success rate that way is under 10% but at least i tried. 

Never had a pet dog ever since.  Traumatized but will get one when I have old enough children.  I'm doing it for them to raise awareness about responsibility .   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +363
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 06:02:39 PM »
I'd like to share my pet story, but at same time it'll make me sadder if I mention about the death of my James the talking Parrot.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 06:29:23 PM »
First landed to the states in Atlanta.  Had a dog there looking like a dalmation with black spots.  Migrated to the usa refugee of America in Narleans and took the dog with me.  I was just a tiny brat running around but one day, the dog was gone.  Had dinner and an elder joking that we ate poor doggy.  It was his name, doggy. 

still till this day, don't even know what ever REALLY happened to doggy. 

Had a few more puppies as pets while growing up poor.  Bad mistake cuz you need an income to raise a critter.  Any money I gotten all invested in my pet food and vaccine shots that I did it myself.  When it caught parvo virus, vet said $300 for treatment.  Did not have it so ended up using pimpto bizmo to as treatment.  Success rate that way is under 10% but at least i tried. 

Never had a pet dog ever since.  Traumatized but will get one when I have old enough children.  I'm doing it for them to raise awareness about responsibility .   O0
You could start w/ fostering a dog and see if you like to adopt or get one.  Thanks for sharing.
I'd like to share my pet story, but at same time it'll make me sadder if I mention about the death of my James the talking Parrot.
How did it died?  What language does it speak?  I remember back in Laos, some neighbors had talking Parrot and it was an attraction for the neighborhood kids.  Thanks for sharing.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements