Advertisement

Author Topic: PebHmong A Community of GIVING  (Read 6048 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +201
    • View Profile
Re: PebHmong A Community of GIVING
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 11:43:57 AM »
Too many cons and greedy people in Laos, people should donate cautiously if it’s going there. Dated back to the times before emails or internet, my family would hide money inside cassettes or sewn in a masked area of clothing and never make to intended people because owner of the addresses would go through everything before passing it to recipients. Instant money to Laos now and folks there treat folks here like atm machine.
Yes

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 11:36:45 AM by tRouBLe »

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 01:14:37 PM »
Ok, this is my first time creating a gofundme and will be a "learn as you go" thing so be patient with me.

OK, this is our very first Pebhmong giving campaign towards the first project, helping the young couple in Laos.

This gofundme will run 1 week, today Wednesday March 31, 2021 to Wednesday April 7, 2021.

Thank you for your donation and will update everyone as we go through this journey together.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/mbseqv-3hmong-a-community-of-giving-campaign

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2021, 01:21:15 PM »
Ok, this is my first time creating a gofundme and will be a "learn as you go" thing so be patient with me.

OK, this is our very first Pebhmong giving campaign towards the first project, helping the young couple in Laos.

This gofundme will run 1 week, today Wednesday March 31, 2021 to Wednesday April 7, 2021.

Thank you for your donation and will update everyone as we go through this journey together.

I donate already
Keep us updated
Pictures would be nice

;D ;D ;D

Like this post: +1
God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2021, 09:45:04 PM »

money talk
walk the walk
i'm in there already

just some broke ass DR. TOM wannabe

;D ;D ;D

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2021, 08:33:16 AM »
HmongRock and The King, there are many ways of giving as The KING points out, that I agree, and HmongRock, you have been generous with your Gofundme, not only this one but previous.  Both of you are giving in your own ways.

W/ this gofundme campaign, do what your heart tells you to do.  Give what you can or nothing at all.  Give unconditionall y for the sake of doing something good for others. 

We still have a few days left and YES it would be good if we can get more donation.  Personally, I really want to help this young couple, a one time help, big or small.  Giving requires sacrifice of some sort.  I'm sacrificing coffee...for a few days.

Thanks...

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +382
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2021, 05:32:07 PM »
I just donate it to your gofundme page.  ;)

https://gofund.me/bf1a30a4

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2021, 08:44:23 PM »

Welcome to the party
This bro is legit!!!!

What they use to do in the old days
They just go and collect
Don’t care if you have or not
You need to come up with the money

;D ;D

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 09:00:00 AM »
A lot of the hmong people are stingy and broke

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 09:59:10 AM »

Thank you O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2021, 10:52:12 PM »
keep us update
i love a good story

O0 O0 O0

bump this back up

Where is the rest of our PH?
need them to show up to the dance
where them 6 figure DR TOM SUPERVISOR at???

;D ;D ;D

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2021, 10:29:23 AM »
UPDATE

So far the 3Hmong Fundraising Campaign raised $90 and the goal is $500.

From the video, they need a lot of help.  The young couple has a new set of twins and the mother does not have breast milk probably due to malnourishment .  They have no roof, used black plastic covering and see  thru bamboo walls. These two are not lazy, very hardworking people.  Last year they grew enough rice for them and has left over to share w/ other struggling family members.  This year with the birth of the twin, it was difficult.    She came begging, a sign of desperation, a fight to survive.  That's how we met her and her young family.

So far, no one answers her plea for help and she may already lose faith in humanity.  But we're going to show her that we've heard and we're going to answer, kindness of strangers across the ocean is going to answer, our community in Pebhmong is going to answer.  Yes we can.  Let's just all go on coffee diet for 1 or 2 days.

I have faith and hope in us, I do. 

« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 10:42:06 AM by Dok_Champa »

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2021, 11:02:10 AM »
UPDATE

So far the 3Hmong Fundraising Campaign raised $90 and the goal is $500.

From the video, they need a lot of help.  The young couple has a new set of twins and the mother does not have breast milk probably due to malnourishment .  They have no roof, used black plastic covering and see  thru bamboo walls. These two are not lazy, very hardworking people.  Last year they grew enough rice for them and has left over to share w/ other struggling family members.  This year with the birth of the twin, it was difficult.    She came begging, a sign of desperation, a fight to survive.  That's how we met her and her young family.

So far, no one answers her plea for help and she may already lose faith in humanity.  But we're going to show her that we've heard and we're going to answer, kindness of strangers across the ocean is going to answer, our community in Pebhmong is going to answer.  Yes we can.  Let's just all go on coffee diet for 1 or 2 days.

I have faith and hope in us, I do.

Lol

I don’t have faith
Hmong people are stingy and greedy

Expect ROCKBOY
He is a generous guy

;D ;D

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2021, 11:50:36 AM »
Well, this is our very first 3Hmong Fundraising Campaign and I did say we're taking baby steps.  I myself is taking baby steps and you guys don't know how many times I want to kick myself for starting this fundraising campaign, to even propose such a crazy idea, to even want to move Pebhmong into a community of giving, Put myself, my integrity on the line....  Only a fool, a person missing some 'screws" up there ;D ;D ;D ;D

AND the truth is, the more help the better.  One person will have little impact but together, we can create a tsunami in a person's life. 

If you see a person in need, do share and perhaps that person can be our next person to bless.

Thank you to the person who recently donated and now we are at $190, closer our goal of $500.

Thank you O0

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +382
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2021, 01:38:54 AM »
Dok_Champa, have you tried sharing your PH campaign on FB? That'll probably increase chances for Hmong or non-Hmong people to donate.

Even I try to share it on FB, most of my friends and family members won't lend a helping hand. I understand they have difficult time struggling to stay alive because of ongoing waves of virus pandemic and they don't have enough resources to cure and feed themselves.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2021, 08:19:42 AM »
Good Morning Visual:  You made a good point about sharing in FB except this gofundme is really just for the PH community and we have enough traffic to raise a very small amount.   The purpose is using the PH platform to promote a community of giving because we know Givers & Receivers receives mutual benefits, good for the soul/spirit. 

So, really, we're promoting the spirit of giving, that's what this whole thing is about and at the same time change lives, a little bit, one family at a times...

So those of you that donated, you've made my day.  But more importantly, you will be making the young couple's day.  Yesterday we received our biggest single donation of $100.  If by today or tomorrow, we match our biggest  single donor or surpassed, I will do a similar match to bring our fundraising campaign closer to our goal of $500.

Sounds good?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 12:58:02 PM by Dok_Champa »

Advertisements