Advertisement

Author Topic: Agree because of the unnecessary pain that many women put themselves through  (Read 137 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...trying up one another or live up to what they see in other women:

Why So Many Women Needed To See That Unedited Khloe Kardashian Bikini Pic

There’s an endless amount of work involved in keeping up with the Kardashian beauty ideal. As Khloe’s note on Instagram reveals, when it comes to setting unattainable beauty standards, a Kardashian is both the oppressor and the oppressed.

Emmaline Rasmussen, a registered dietitian and holistic wellness coach, tells HuffPost: “The unrealistic Kardashian beauty standard that made them famous has become so outsized and outside reality that even they can’t live up to it.”

“Obviously she looks great, and I feel a deep sadness for the fact that she is under pressure to edit the images she typically shares with the world when the real image is beautiful and her figure is enviable before Photoshop,” she added.

Rasmussen works with young women who openly talk about how Instagram and the infinite scroll of Kardashian and Kardashian-wannabe models affects their self-esteem.

Rebekka Arnold, 28 and a Kardashian fan, was also taken aback by the unedited photo and how it made her feel.

“The amount of unconscious body dysmorphia the Kardashians cause young women is unbelievable,” she wrote on Twitter last week. “I didn’t even realize how much I needed to see that unedited picture of Khloe Kardashian.”

“I completely believe these women, despite their privilege, have their own personal body image demons, but they have literally fallen victim to the culture they have been part of creating,” she said.

“We live in a culture rife with ageism and fat phobia. Here is someone with virtually unlimited resources who has managed to attain these unattainable beauty ideals,” the psychologist told HuffPost. “It’s astonishing that even she doesn’t feel emotionally safe to be fully seen.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
'Dear Khloe Kardashian, you are beautiful': Women share vulnerable photos in body-positive response to photo drama

This week, California fitness influencer Kang, 41, shared a Facebook photo of herself paddleboarding while wearing a bikini. "Dear Khloe Kardashian, I hated this pic of me when I saw it," she wrote in the caption. "My biggest insecurity growing up was my 'thunder thighs' so I always posed and positioned myself in ways where neither I or my followers saw it."

"When I read the story of the beautiful, unfiltered and unedited image that was accidentally posted and later legally scrubbed from the internet, it made me sad."

"This was a great opportunity for you to stand out from your peers who market unachievable and highly- edited bodies and STAND UP for all the impressionable young women, insecure moms and not-so-perfect bodies out there," Kang wrote to her 306k followers. "You have nothing to prove, not to us, not to your family or to yourself. #dearkhloe you are beautiful."

"To all ladies who are tired of the fake facade of social media, let’s put ourselves in her shoes and post a picture we don't like but we ACCEPT of ourselves," Kang added. "Let's share who we really are…what REAL really looks like. Share your unedited pic for you, share for your daughters, share for everyone who needs to see an image online and feel good, not bad, about themselves."

Like this post: 0

Advertisements