Advertisement

Author Topic: I work about 35 hours a week so I like this proposal for the masses  (Read 594 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
Definitely healthier for families from what I've seen over the years..

Proposed bill would shorten California workweek to 32 hours

A proposed bill winding its way through the state Legislature could make California the first state in the nation to reduce its workweek to four days for a large swath of workers.

The bill, AB 2932, would change the definition of a workweek from 40 hours to 32 hours for companies with more than 500 employees. A full workday would remain at eight hours, and employers would be required to provide overtime pay for employees working longer than four full days.

The bill was authored by Assembly Members Cristina Garcia (D-Bell Gardens) and Evan Low (D-San Jose). At the federal level, a bill by Rep. Mark Takano (D-Riverside) is pushing for similar changes under the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Reached by phone Friday, Garcia said the idea was prompted in part by the exodus of employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, many of whom were seeking a better quality of life. More than 47 million Americans voluntarily quit their jobs in 2021, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

“We’ve had a five-day workweek since the Industrial Revolution,” Garcia said, “but we’ve had a lot of progress in society, and we’ve had a lot of advancements. I think the pandemic right now allows us the opportunity to rethink things, to reimagine things.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: I work about 35 hours a week so I like this proposal for the masses
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 10:39:59 PM »
Wasn’t this the same guy who was preaching 60+++ hour/week….3 jobs
In another theead a couple week ago

OR

“YOU JUST LAZY IN REAL LIFE”

HIS WORDS NOT MINE

;D ;D

no thanks i will be lazy than

God did not created man...man created god

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 10:44:02 PM »
Oh look who crawl back to prove right as I've predicted.. and NOPE, not our fault if you can't read and continue to choose to fail instead of learn..;D:

I ALREADY STOP CLICKUON THEM

;D ;D ;D

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 10:49:20 PM »
Pretty sure this dude was telling PROUDLAOS
how we are lazy not doing 3 jobs

HIS WORDS
NOT MINE

;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 11:06:14 PM »
TOLD YA....THAT GUY...will crawl back to prove right as I've predicted.. and NOPE, not our fault if he can't read and continue to choose to fail instead of learn..;D:

;D ;D ;D

THEREFORE:

yeah i just make that stuff up

Just lied, dude

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 08:56:34 AM »
this same dude was telling PROUDLAO
if you don't work 3 job
you are LAZY IN REAL LIFE

HIS WORD... NOT MINE

fine i will be lazy than
cuz i ain't doing that shyt
NO WAY JOSE

;D ;D ;D

muhahahhahah

hot sun 12 hours/day

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +399
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 10:26:45 AM »
The reality is people are common lazy and will only be productive for only a portion of hours per week.  Allowing and having them work more only equals to lack of productivity.  Very simple, you get more work having two part timers over one full timer = say that the cumulative hours equals 40 hrs per week. 

Corporations and business models have such a thing per employee according to some FTE computation.  Say you have one person work is paid 8 hours a day.  While they're actually at work for 9 hours a day with an hour lunch in between.  The FTE is something like 6 = meaning it is expected to get only 6 actual work hours of productivity.  So 6 FTE times 5 work days out of the week is 30 hours.  So why waste a person's time of 9 daily hours times 5 days = 45 hours out of their life. 

Just have them come in, do the actual 6 hours of productivity and let them go home.  Someone got paid like 1 mil bucks to figure this out over the course of two years, but a seven year old child could've figure it out in one day.  :D  It's amazing how the business world works.  :idiot2:

Long gone are the days where real working workers stay productive OT.  It's a dying breed.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 03:59:57 PM »
this same dude was telling PROUDLAO
if you don't work 3 job
you are LAZY IN REAL LIFE

Look how desperate THAT GUY as he continues to LIE and YES, the more desperate he is, the more he lies  :idiot2: ;D:

..that just take and steal. There's a reason why they are SHAMELESS, NASTY and have no compassion toward others..

Coming from Laos, I have nothing and even here had to struggle by living in the ghettos, projects, make an honest living by working in the fields under the hot sun 12 hours/day as well as made many sacrifices in other settings and situations but it only made me stronger as I knew I'm still in charge and in control of my future path and did the best I could to make my life better..MAJOR RESPECT for the video below  O0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHlFcQ0OF8g

HIS WORD... NOT MINE

CAN'T BE THEM, JOIN THEM... ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 04:01:00 PM »
And oh, let's not forget:

TOLD YA....THAT GUY...will crawl back to prove right as I've predicted.. and NOPE, not our fault if he can't read and continue to choose to fail instead of learn..;D:

;D ;D ;D

THEREFORE:

yeah i just make that stuff up

Just lied, dude

Advertisements