Advertisement

Author Topic: life after high school  (Read 492 times)

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +81
    • View Profile
life after high school
« on: May 09, 2021, 11:29:14 PM »
what would have you done differently, if anything?

forgive me for digging up the past but been self evaluating and see if I could have done anything differently... oh yes, i wasn't the brightest, so i could had done a lot of things differently..i would had just stuck with community college, work part time at Home depot, avoid the academic courses and just get my certificate in welding, machinery or something similar...lols

got a girl who had a crushed on me during senior year. she was very pretty, not that it matter..lols she worked at home depot eversince..i think last i saw her, she didn't tell me, but i saw on their clocked in board when i went to use the restroom, she was one of the big bosses at that one particular store now...lols.... she kept it simple...simpl icity can be beautiful to some, and to her i think she knew she wanted to simply keep her life beautiful..hah a

one guy, we we're super close, but last i talk to him was 10 or so years ago. Working as a machinist for some government agency. He said he was getting paid around 28/hr...

last I facebook spy on them, they all have a spouse and 3-4 children...lol s

well me...yeah i shouldn't be comparing myself with em...but i do think some things happen for a reason...but what i learned most is you don't always get to choose your blessings and or curses...haha

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • J4.
  • Respect: +514
    • View Profile
Re: life after high school
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 02:13:30 PM »
My high school used to be full of drop-outs and graduates who ended up marrying early in life and taking manufacturing assembly line jobs doing fork-lifting, etc.

But the two generations before me, lots of those Hmong graduates went on to college--many technical schools but still higher up.

Then I didn't see myself hitting the assembly lines jobs like the generations before those Hmong graduates. I had to be like them or more.  I aspired to just go on and on in school.

I still want to go to school except life responsibiliti es have kicked in. So, now, I have to think about raising a family soon.

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears." Les Brown

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 02:30:20 PM »
just chilling
doing $10/hour job low wage job
pretty relaxing and easy

don't really care about money
can't bring that shyt with you to the afterlife

got a wife who is madly in love with me
she takes me on vacation

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DaCurse

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +81
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 10:58:10 PM »
the rumors people make up about me life after high school...lols i heard some funny ones and not so funny ones...but I don't care....I work for FedEx and temp jobs....but if they all know how famous and wealthy I am now, they'll all wanna be friends all the sudden...lmao j/k

my generation was too ghetto...TBH.. .lols i've met interesting people years later after high school when the ghetto kind of died down..I've not spoken and or lost contact with all my high school buddies..well my two or three high school buddies..lols. ..everyone else was too ghetto and "scandalous"..yeah that's the 90's slang or term for "corrupted". lols i think of it now, it's probably best to never see or come across high school people again...

the last time i saw a High school people...He was a Hmong gangster....we both look at each other weird...I made sure I wasn't the timid shy kid back in high school no more...He finally looks away..so I guess I won the stare down...lols next time I saw him, he was all friendly..But I spoke in almost perfect english..not in ghetto language...lol s its kind of my way of saying, sorry but im not interested in being friends...whet her you changed or not...becaue I know the ghetto never really leave a person...lols

Advertisements