Advertisement

Author Topic: Wow!!! St. Paul is even hotter than Merced?  (Read 963 times)

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
Wow!!! St. Paul is even hotter than Merced?
« on: June 04, 2021, 05:43:21 PM »
The thing is it’s even worse. If St. Paul is 97 degrees...that is like Merced being 117 degrees.

I can handle 110 degrees in Merced...but I can’t handle 90 degrees in St. Paul.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Wow!!! St. Paul is even hotter than Merced?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 09:27:58 PM »
Humidity in the mid-west and south is no joke as well as the east coast to some degree. Been to all 50 states and places with high humidity is just no good IMO.

Sure, it can get humid in San Francisco too but the temps are much cooler due to the marine layer and breeze.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 09:30:10 PM »
Then in the Winter months, the weather can be like this in those areas so again, no go for me unless I absolutely have to:

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 09:01:21 AM »
Humidity in the mid-west and south is no joke as well as the east coast to some degree. Been to all 50 states and places with high humidity is just no good IMO.

Sure, it can get humid in San Francisco too but the temps are much cooler due to the marine layer and breeze.

Right now at 8:40 it’s already 80 degrees in St. Paul while at the same time it will be 71 degrees in Merced. Today St. Paul will have a high of 99 degrees while in Merced it will be 95 degrees. The low in St. Paul drops to 76 degrees while it will drop to 57 degrees in Merced. At 76 degrees in St. Paul it’s still awful.

How do you even  survive in 99 degrees outside in St. Paul? At 80 degrees it’s already torture. While at 90 degrees in Merced I could still play sports outside fine. At 90 degrees in St. Paul it’s hard for me to breath just walking outside for just a few minutes.

Even to this day many homes in St. Paul and the Midwest don’t even have an air conditioning unit. I hope not many people will die in this heat in the Midwest like in previous years, especially the elderly.

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 09:38:20 AM »
Stay inside with the a/c on.  If you wanna venture out, wait later in the evening or cooler.

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 10:37:15 AM »

Talk about San Francisco, from what I learned from a Geography class back in college, it is said that there is no place in the world that has (beautiful) weathers like the coast of California (maybe except for some areas in the Mediterranean)...and San Francisco is the most unique of all.

I was just in San Francisco 4 days ago and the high was like 65 degrees when Merced was like 102 degrees. While in Merced my AC is on 24/7...I turned the heater on in my hotel room for a little while at night in San Francisco. I mean it’s not cold or anything but since I’m paying for the room might as well take advantage of it and have just the perfect temperature. Keep in mind that San Francisco is only a 2 hour drive from Merced.

While in San Francisco I also jogged on the Golden Gate Bridge in the morning heading to Sausalito. It’s interesting because Sausalito is only 7 miles away from San Francisco (road and trail miles is around 9 to 12 miles) and temperature-wise there is not much difference between the temperature in San Francisco and Sausalito but a 65 degrees in San Francisco can feel different...ev en very different from a 65 degrees in Sausalito just like an 85 degrees in St. Paul is completely different from an 85 degrees in Merced.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 10:50:19 AM »
Once  your body adjust, it is a piece of cake

Just last weekend for memorial day, heat wave hitting 99 to 100 degrees and I went fishing.  Parked the car and walked like a mile to the fishing ground, carrying 4 large poles, a bucket filled up 1/4 way for live bait, a backpack filled with stuff and gears and lunches and it was scorching.  To make matters worse, the tide was around 10am for the bites but by noon, I had to call it quits cuz there was no shade out there.  Drank all the water and left just a little bit for the trek home.  Stopped a few times on the trek home just to rest.  It felt like hell week during high school football training days during the hottest of the summer heat but with a young body, you young bucks are hardcore and strong. 

I'm doing that route again tomorrow and I will be ready.  Just need 2 bottles of water per heads and lighten up the load and wear my bikini   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 09:52:36 AM »
It's the humidity.  I was in other parts of the US where the weather gets to be above 100 degrees w/ low humidity and it was fine.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements