Advertisement

Author Topic: Man, I just don't know how some folks are hurting themselves  (Read 330 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..in these situations as I've been to several places where these types of "hiker" accidents have happened. Do they just lack common sense?  ???:

A hiker died after falling 500 feet from a mountain summit in California's Sequoia National Park

The 56-year-old San Jose man was with two other people when he lost his balance, according to the National Park Service. One of them, a 45-year-old Milpitas, California, woman, also fell after trying to grab the man, the agency said. She survived the 30-foot fall, according to officials.

When I was there, it's very easy to just follow warning signs and stay safe and yes, Sequoia is a beautiful site so these photos I took won't do justice (gotta be there in person to enjoy the breath taking views  O0:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Re: Man, I just don't know how some folks are hurting themselves
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 03:41:38 PM »
Accident will continue to happen as there are all kinds of people coming through. I remembered a story about a father who was pretending to fall in Grand Canyon to scare his daughter actually fell to his death. I could be wrong but I also remembered reading about a pher’s family member falling to his death and the family held her accountable for the incident. Just like water, many folks drown every summer too.

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: Man, I just don't know how some folks are hurting themselves
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 04:15:30 PM »
Sad but true..here's goes another recent case:

Tourists find dying woman who plunged 80 feet from canyon in Utah's Zion National Park. A woman was making her way through a canyon at Zion National Park when she plunged 50 to 80 feet. The 26-year-old was canyoneering alone Sunday when she fell in Mystery Canyon, Zion officials said.

Like this post: 0

Advertisements