Advertisement

Author Topic: My exp. w/ 20+ vehicle: black vs white, black shines best but white lasts longer  (Read 960 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
I've owned at least one auto from each of the major brands over the years so that means I've owned a GM, Ford, and Chrysler auto too. Overall, not as good as the Japanese brands based on my experience. Per my ownership experiences, I would rank Toyota 1, Honda 2, Nissan 3 and then the rest.

As far as just comparing the domestic autos I've owned, the Wrangler was the best, followed by the Corvette and worst one was the Taurus. Had to be towed home from Merced. Fortunately, I have AAA roadside membership and the service includes up to 200 miles of towing at no cost but man, with the Taurus, I feel like it's one thing after another during my time with it  ;D:

Like this post: +1

Adverstisement

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
I still see quite a few foreign vehicles from 10-20 years ago but not as much with American brands. I agree with your assessment of Toyota and Honda at the top.

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
See what I mean about glossy black colored car, just look at the hood and front side of my Vette where the sunlight hits  ;D:

Like this post: 0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
The only difficult to maintain white colored part from a vehicle that I've owned is from this bike. The whitewalls looked great but also required more maintenance:

Like this post: 0

Advertisements